Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

Registered
"Go big or go home?"
I like the way you think sir. If only I had a forklift to put it in my garage... 馃お
Roll it out of the bed of your truck onto 2 or 3 tires then stand it up off of them.

Now what's your excuse?

p.s. I just tipped mine a couple hours ago and it feels like it's got 35-40 gallons left:)

Super Moderator
Well deliver that to me since you have a gasser you quitter. 馃お馃お馃お

Eh, I do 3-4 oil changes a year. I don't think I need 5 years of oil on hand.

Reactions: blythkd1

Registered
2022 Silverado 2500HD CC Z71 Sport
2.5 gallon jugs are available from Wally World online for $56.

Reactions: sumyunguyz

Registered
Well deliver that to me since you have a gasser you quitter. 馃お馃お馃お

I'll go ahead and hang onto it. It's short a couple of "T's" for you anyway.

But back on topic, I just saw our local Sam's, Joplin, shows stock on T6 gallons again. Everything else Rotella is still showing out of stock.

Registered
I got some 15w40 i'll have to use. Just hoping make it to spring to use it. 36 today but gonna be -13 come Friday night.... Good snowmobiling weather though!

Registered
Mobil 1 TBT 5w40 seems to be back order everywhere but I got lucky and grab 5 more jugs at autozone. Need few more to last a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2021 Denali HD
You guys all realize that your kind of making the problem worse. Everyone keeps saying to go out and buy it all up. If you just bought what you needed, the supply will catch up a lot sooner..

I don鈥檛 use rotella, so I do not have any skin in the game. Being in Florida my whole life, we go through this problem every hurricane season, when everyone panics and buys everything up. Especially when they do it weeks before the darn thing is even gonna make landfall, and it winds up going somewhere completely else.

Registered
Well, I don't think anyone here is hoarding it to that extent. But buying 1 or 2 oil changes ahead doesn't seem unreasonable. I always tend to have 2 on the shelf or more.

Just swung into the ski doo dealer. Out of the synthetic 2 stroke oil all 850's run. Saw one come out to a fella from the back room. Wait where'd that come from! I asked the owner. Said... "that gentlemen bought 3 gallons ordered in October. Still not in. I gave him one of ours." They barely have oil for their new sleds they are prepping (late i might add from the manufacturer). Wild times we are living in....amazing.

Super Moderator
Yea, I hear ya @Mmecsics , the thing is, I'm a daily driver and sure, I could push my interval, but I want to be able to change the oil when I need to. For the records sake, I was due for an oil change in late October, I have 4 Walmarts in the immediate vicinity, and their supply was gone, so was Home Depot. I lucked out with two different AutoZone stores. I bought a total of 9.5 gallons and immediately used 2.5. So I have a little over 2 changes of oil left.
Let's hope the info from Shell corporate that @jamalc6996 found out works out and the supply comes back.

Registered
2021 Denali HD
I鈥檓 not throwing stones, was just mentioning it.

Now, on the other hand, I went to 6 different stores the other night, trying to find DEF. Finally found some at a Oreillys, bought two 2.5 gallon jugs. They only had four left鈥his is getting crazy!

Registered
2014 sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab, Std Box SLT 4WD Z71
You don't know that...
Our shelves are looking more like Venezuela than any of us are used to seeing.
And I believe that is a feature, not a bug.

Super Moderator
Yes, I know fellas, crazy times indeed. Somewhat concerning...

Reactions: Bozdx

Super Moderator
I average 1 oil change every 2 years but doesn't everybody keep 20 gallons of HD oil in their garage or am I unique?

;)

Registered
You don't drive much must be! For some guys that drive they ramp some miles on so, i could see that.

Question, any of you see that T6 'multi vehicle' that says good for gas and diesel? Never seen it before and popped on a search.

Super Moderator
"Multi vehicle"???

Hmm, haven't heard of that one before.

Super Moderator
Question, any of you see that T6 'multi vehicle' that says good for gas and diesel? Never seen it before and popped on a search.
If it's "dual rated", the HTHS has to be less than 2.5 (3.0-3.5 is preferred) and the Sulfated Ash less than .6...

Super Moderator
Wow, it is real...

It has the correct amount of Ts as well, all six of them. @blythkd1 馃お馃お馃お

Reactions: blythkd1

Super Moderator
Ah yes, I did just notice that. Just never knew it existed. Haven't seen it in the store.

Registered
My delayed filters finally came in today. Also I was able to go back to Wally world and I ordered three gallons of Mobil 1 Extreme Delvac 15W40 and have it delivered. Guess I'm good for the next change at least.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts