Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddies are telling to get a shift kit and then some of them are saying get a valve body. What do you guys think. not sure what my sig says right now so 2005 gmc 2500 egr blocker plate pcv reroute 5" straight and efi after i work these two 60 hour weeks at work.:help

·
USMC
795 Posts
Do what im doing and save for a new tranny. I got the shift kit for now.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
The Trans go Jr. is only good in the 6spds. It's not worth the money in the 5spds your better off saving for a full rebuild.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Do Not....i Repeat Do Not Buy A Bully Dog Shift Enhancer Kit Lol

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
oh wtf that was supposed to be in all caps

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the feedback... better start saving for the trans.... now to decide if im goin to get injectors and lift pump before or after trans

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
do it after cause whatever mods you do will require a built tranny to support them

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Lift pump. Injectors are not needed. We can run 700hp on our injectors.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
700hp even with stock turbo? i was looking at the garret 4094vvt

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
700hp even with stock turbo? i was looking at the garret 4094vvt
No you wont be able too get 700hp on a stock turbo but you can get around 700hp with your stock injectors with the right supporting mods like a turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
okay, so lets say my truck is all stock which it is, IF i get a tranny upgrade, ARP studs, lift pump, LMM MP, and turbo upgrade can i get to 700rwhp? i have efi already. How much HP can the rear end handle?

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
okay, so lets say my truck is all stock which it is, IF i get a tranny upgrade, ARP studs, lift pump, LMM MP, and turbo upgrade can i get to 700rwhp? i have efi already. How much HP can the rear end handle?
You would be able to get around 550rwhp and don't worry about the rear end they can handle plenty.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
dang, okay so what else would i need to get to 700rwhp, and i thought the rear end could handle it.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
dang, okay so what else would i need to get to 700rwhp, and i thought the rear end could handle it.
Well your trucks pistons crack around 650hp so you will need to do a little motor work to get too 700 along with a new turbo.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
okay, motor wor.... ceramic pistonss? rods? that it? camshaft?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do Not....i Repeat Do Not Buy A Bully Dog Shift Enhancer Kit Lol
i thought bully dog doesnt make shift kits or tranies anymore?

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
gee, 700hp........ 600hp not much difference man.......... 600 is no joking matter but if you got the cash guess its all good

1 - 19 of 19 Posts