Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shift lever in my 2003hd is very very hard to move. I replaced the nsbu and was still the same, now it is stuck into a gear and won't move. unhooked the cable from trans and still nothing, need help.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Replace the cable i had similar problems it would shift out of drive after while cable was broken and frayed.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Yes, as noted-- the cable gets water and will rust inside-- the only fix that will last, is to replace the cable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the cable out other than from behind the steering wheel, is the cable suppose to be in two pieses? I can't get them seperated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My 02 is the sameway hold on when you call for a cable. Dealer will rape ya unless someone knows somewhere else to buy one.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Mines also hard to shift, how hard is it to replace the cable? I figured that was the problem but just never took the time to mess with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anybody tell me if the cable comes apart and how to do it? Mine is in one piece and I can't get it from behind the steering column

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
Cable is easy to replace and takes about an hour. Replace the whole cable together and not just a half. Just make sure you hook the cable up with the shifter in same position as indexed on trans. Their is a n for neutral stamped on the trans case and just line the shift shaft up with it

Sent from a combine cab using AutoGuide

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am replacing the whole cable, but I can't get the old one apart and can't get it from behinde the column with the straight connector part. Any suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts