Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I did my shift kit a trans tune and a small ppe tune were put in. It wouldnt shift correctly at wide open throttle because of fuel issues. Took it all out. Now I noticed that when cold it shifts fine till 5th then the converter locks. When it locks it jumps and shudders. It dont feel right. Once warmed up it shifts fine. Is this normal? Im really picky. I just dont wanta be hurting anything. thanks.

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
cold tranny is all,
some people have a hard shift into 2nd but its fine once it gets up to temp.

yours sounds like its the same thing sorta

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
The converter will not lock until the trans is at least 73 degrees.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what I wanted to here. thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hadnt read usafracer's message yet. I guess coulda messed something up with trans go?

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
When you first start out for the day set your DIC to trans temp and monitor it. Let me know if it shudders when you are cruising and the temp hits around 75 degrees.

Makw sure your trans is cold when you check.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I didnt drive it today but I will this weekend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drove it tonite. only did it first time going through gears. shifts into 5th and goes to lock and stumbles then shifts into sixth. maybe its just me idk?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
When you first start out for the day set your DIC to trans temp and monitor it. Let me know if it shudders when you are cruising and the temp hits around 75 degrees.

Makw sure your trans is cold when you check.
LBZ's dont have the trans temp on the DIC, so thats going to be difficult.

the OBS trucks have a needle gauge for the trans temp..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my buddy with efi live said he put it in fast learn but he wasnt sure how to do it. ive put about 600 miles on it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It did it to me this morning. It shifted into fifth then when the torque converter went to lock its like locked unlocked and then locked up. I know it sounds weird. Its proley just me. Once it warms up its fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts