Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the Junior Member says i am new to the forum and the duramax motor, so my first question i have, is about shifting. My friend and i were getting on it the other night kinda racing but not really (honestly) and it was either 3rd to 4th or 4th to 5th but it just wouldn't shift. I was going beautifully and then i hit bout 3krpms and it stayed there like it was redlining till i released the gas pedal and let it shift, by that time it was just building back up in power rather slow but not to bad....is this normal? or am i missing something by being new to this motor?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
this is a problem for the allison tranny and i fixed mine by putting a bully dog shift kit in her and since i never had it happen,and that was a gear switch from 4th to 5th gear..if i would do it over i would spend a little extra and go with a stage 1 or stage 2 tranny upgrade from either sun coast,ppe or ats transmission and with a better torque converter from either brands metioned above....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.