Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an 01 lb7 on saturday and when its cold like first thing in the morning when im coming up to a stop sign when the tranny is dropping from second to first it seems to drop in really hard and it kinda makes a clunk sound and the whole truck jerks, but when the tranny is warm it dosent do it. Any help would be awsome. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
my 04 3500 started doing the same thing when it got cold here in ks. havnt found a thread here telling me what it could be yet. if you find out let me know also. thanks!!

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Probably not much you can do to help it. Make sure the spin-on filter is changed on a schedule.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Check your transfer case and make sure its not toasted. I had the pump rub through on mine and I didn't catch it. It was making a clunking sound and the trans was acting up. I actually thought the trans was on its way out. Pulled the t-case and rebuilt it and haven't has a problem with the trans since. Good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine will clunk when dropping from second to first also but it does it warm or cold and it does it very intermittenly I changed both trans filters and oil and it has not changed. Every once and awhile it will clunk when droping from second to first. Its like it doesnt want to drop into first. Hoping for an answer for you and me:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts