Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

shifting slow

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  cs-john 
#1 ·
06 LBZ with triple dog. When hard on throttle theres a bad pause when it shifts , anybody with any ideas.

#3 ·
I know my Edge defuels, but I can't remember if my Triple Dog defuled. But I would agree that it is defueling between shifts.

#5 ·
The Allison has problems burning clutches when you add 85 hp. So the tranny could be slipping or the programmer defueling so the trany wont get damaged.

Have you ever looked into getting a Transgo jr? Should help some trany problems and make shifts firmer.

#8 ·
I believe they all defuel to some extent since they just modify the stock tune. Stock tune has defueling programmed into it to save the tranny. With a programmer, it just makes it more noticeable.

#9 ·
The stock defuel tables are active in all tunes. even one that say they dont defuel!!!!!!

In some cases the defuel takes more fuel away than is even being asked for, but only when something ask for defuel!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.