Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade my fuel system before moving on to and efi live tune... I am planning on an air dog 150... Would it be better for me to shim or plug my fuel relief valve? any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I recently installed the plug and have not had any problems with it. Im running efi live but im not running a max effort tune,I was told the stock fuel system is good for 450hp. Definatly Block or delete the Erg system! just my 2cents

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Just perform a search on here.. there are TONS of threads for shim vs plug. Some guys recommend one way vs the other, just depends on the person.

A lot of guys recommend the shim instead of the plug, because it can still serve as a high pressure release if something were to go wrong, whereas the plug would not obviously.

However with that being said, the spring does weaken over time supposedly so you will have to reshim it in time depending on the condition of your spring.

Like I said, it just all depends on the user and his choice, but there are plenty of pros/cons to search for on here.. will keep you busy for days :thumb

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry I haven't updated my sig but I have the egr dpf cat and muff all removed now thanks for the help... is there any difference for a daily driver compared to a solely race truck?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts