Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

shipping box for exhaust WTB

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  setexan 
#1 ·
Anybody know where I can get boxes heavy enough to ship DPF, Cat and Muffler...individual boxes will work just need something heavy.

#2 ·
How about a plywood box ??

#6 ·
But remember, the customer will be paying for the freight !! Plus, if you are shipping via U.P.S. or FedEx, they are really hard and shipments. I would bet you would only be adding 10 or so pounds to the shipment !!

#7 · (Edited)
I decided to go with two pallets that I made into one pallet. They want $510 to ship this by fedex freight. I'm not sure I want to send it even though the dealer is willing to pay the freight. If I refuse and they were to turn me in to whomever, I wonder what the fine would be or if there is any recourse for them to come after me. They have refused to send the MBRP exhaust to me (on the truck now), so I think I may just test the water with them. I want something back either to sale or use I really think I want the factory exhaust so I can gut it and have a homemade dpf/cat delete kit, all the while preserving the appearance of having the emissions on or at the least gutting the cat cause the delete pipes don't delete the cat.

#8 ·
If you get an exhaust, the box from it should be plenty heavy. Otherwise you could just do a couple layers of cardboard stapled together if all else fails.

#14 · (Edited)
This isn’t an aftermarket exhaust……it is the factory exhaust. The part with the muffler and the tail pipe is 7’ with no breaks. The dpf part is probably 6’ with no breaks; the cat is attached to the part that connects to the down pipe 4-5’. Exhaust came off a crew cab Long wheel base.

Fedex Nor UPS would take it shrink wrapped together. They claim it is too large/bulky/heavy

#17 ·
I guess if you were concerned about the recourse of doing something illegal, i.e., modifying your exhaust, you should have been balls enough to take pay for the crime.

Suck it up, tell them if they want it to come get it, with a box. Or wait for the Merryland Emissions Police to come find you.

If you go to jail, I will take care of your truck for you.:D

#18 ·
Thanks Buddy, I knew I could count on you for help!!!!:rolleyes:

I wonder what would happen if I just told them that I wasn't going to send it to them. If they turned me in, how much could the fine be? I guess they learned a lesson, they knew it had an aftermarket exhaust when I traded it, so it might have been wise for them to do a little due diligence on the ramifications of the emissions crap missing. Instead they waited two weeks and called to tell me that the truck won't pass inspection in Maryland and that it was illegal. I know what they did, they flashed the truck and all the codes appeared.

I’m pretty sure my documentation from the sale, states that the truck is as is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.