Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont Know Where But I Was Reading And Someone Mentioned Shock Extenders. I Have Cranked My T-bars And When I Hit A Speed Bump Or Pot Hole My Shocks Bottom Out? How Can I Fix This? OH YEAH WHERE DO YOU BUY THEM OR FIND THE FIX?
Thanks In Advance

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
cognito motorsports sells the brackets. I'm sure there are more out there, but that is where I first read about them.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I agree with Tow Master. But I would also check Cognito Motorsports like OB1 jr said.....They sell leveling kits, shocks, shock extenders...the works. And they are the BEST you will find.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
60,000 miles on stock shocks is really optimistic. mine were gone with about 20,000 miles on the truck. Just about any shock is better than stock...but, yes you can also just get longer shocks if you thinking of buying some. I have had rancho 9000 and bilsteins. both are good in their own right, but I like the bilsteins better since I got them new and purchased the ranchos with a few miles on them and blew one out in the winter.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
you can use 1/2" of washers on the top, and make a 1/2" thick spacer for the bottom, out of aluminum bar, very easy to do. Then get some longer grade bolts at ACE. Your ride will be a wonderful contrast, and your shocks will last twice as long without a topout failure (primary killer on this vehicle).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts