Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at front shock spacers for my 2018, and I see two different types available- thick washers for the upper mounting bolts, or a bracket for the lower mount. I understand they both accomplish the same thing, but is there any advantage to one over the other? I’d like to raise my front end 1”-1-1/2”.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I had the spacers that went on top of the shocks and had no issues. Just wish they were black instead of shiny aluminum. That way they are not so visible in the wheel well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the spacers that went on top of the shocks and had no issues. Just wish they were black instead of shiny aluminum. That way they are not so visible in the wheel well.
I’m with ya on that, but spray paint or powder coat would be an easy solution.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I’m with ya on that, but spray paint or powder coat would be an easy solution.
Powder coating would definitely be the more durable solution, especially in a wheel well. But after what it cost me to have 5 wheels (4+spare) powder coated, I could have bought a new set of steel wheels with new paint. In my opinion, it just doesn’t make sense to spend very much on painting these small parts. For me it really doesn’t matter anymore, because the parts were sold anyway with my leveling kit when I upgraded to a 4 inch suspension lift kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts