Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be a little easier to find a place that does this type of work. Basically I own a long bed truck, I want to shorten the frame 16in and make it a short bed.

I'm not even sure where to look. I called several welding shops and was basically told they don't do that, no one will and so on. I know there are shops that shorten and lengthen frames. Anyone know a place around the atlanta, ga area +/- 200miles? Maybe one of you smart guys on here is a welder and wants to make a beer a pizza weekend out of it? Lol... no, really..

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Id be asking body shops

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Truck upfitters will do that

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got off the phone with a couple body shops that chuckled and said they don't do that. couldn't suggest anyone who could.

·
Registered
130 Posts
try search for some custom shops. shops that deal with lowriders, bagged trucks, things like that. they might be able to help

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I'm looking for a custom type of shop.. but no one I've talked to knows where to go. Low riders are not something you see often around georgia but I'll see what a search turns up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My brother in law did it himself on his C10 and came out very well. He is the kind of guy that pays a lot of attention to detail. He is located in Arizona though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Were you located I have a short bed frame. Just swap then out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you were around here I could do it, a little to far though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yeah I really want to get rid of this thing lol. Is your trick 4wd

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The funny thing is I bought a short bed 4x4 truck with the intention I'd use that and swap everything over. The more and more I thought about it the more work it would be. And.. I just don't have a place to tare a rig down and swap all that around.

I Googled custom chassis in georgia and found carter speed and custom in mcdonough, ga. His shop hours are about average and he seems willing and interested. If I had the place and tools I know a certified welder. But I don't have a place myself to do the work. Cater seems like my best option at this point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.