Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive got a 2002 lb7 with 170,000 miles on it and she just seems real weak on top end. its got tons of power at first then just kinda falls on its face but it still sounds like its goin fast lol. I recently replaced the fpr about 1000miles ago thinkin that would help but it didnt, im still getting a p1093 code and my desired is around 21-22000 while actual is around 6000. Ive checked the supply lines(seem to be good) and replaced fuel filter. Should i bet on the cp3? Also #4 and #7 injector are a little high but not outta range...

Thanks For Any Help!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bbbump

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sounds to me like the pump isnt keeping up buddy

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Log the FPR....that will tell if its working properly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well went to tha parts store today to get some oil and a filter and when i got home i was looking at the lines that come from the filter base and they were pretty soft, dosent take much to pinch them off could this be the whole problem?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
I had collaspeing line out of the filter head but they won't cause this issue, sounds like a pump or a dry rotted line letting air in.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
Yeah it could cause some of it. It is something cheap 2 try.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah sounds like what you got is what i got!! starts out good than falls on her face makes a lot of noise and barely moves. if you let off and get back into it comes back pours the smoke goes and than runs outta fuel and starts all over again. but i got a stickin injector. and im guessin i wrecked my pump from running tunes on it with no lift pump.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah might as well try this first before taking the plunge and buying a pump... Can i just use regular fuel line or do i need to get it from merchant or the dealership??

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
I would get it from merchant. You can check with the stealership, but they will probably rape you for the line.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
I used the extra from my airdog but any diesel fuel line will work if the ID is the same as the factory piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts