Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Not sure if I put this in the right place so here goes.

I am buying a new GMC 2500HD Crew cab 4x4 and need help deciding on whether to get a new 06 or 07 Classic. They are both LBZ 360 HP Duramax's. I am getting rid of a 04 d-ram 2500 Cummins. As far as I can see the only difference between the 06's and the 07 classics is the warranty. The 06 covers the engine and trans and the 07 covers the entire powertrain. Given the number of unserviceable ujoints on a 4x4 truck these days I figure with labor they could cost me $2500-3500 to replace them all and this could likly be in the first 100K miles. These would be covered by the 07 warranty and not by the 06. The difference in price between a comparable new leftover 06 and new 07 classic is about 2k. Also, the 07 is a year newer when I go to get rid of it down the road(at least as far as the kbb and the like are concerned). What do you guys think. 06 or 07? Are the trucks basically identical? Or along with the beefed up warranty did they beef up additional components on the 07. I come into this leary as, I've loved my Cummins, it's the Dodge wrapped around it that is constantly requiring expensive replacement parts like (upper and lower ball joints, front wheel bearings, rear axle seals, two new drive shafts (the 72mph vibration is still there), both front u- joints, complete front brakes at 35K miles, and so on. This truck is 2 years 3mo. old and has less than 50K on it. I am also going to need $1000 in tires in the next six months. Tires I can understand, brakes maybe, but I am hoping that I get a much more durable truck with the GMC.

Thanks for your thoughts

-B

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I'd say 07 classic LBZ while you can still get them. :cool: Your right a truck a year newer will get more money when you sell it years from now might. Other than the year theres no difference till trucks made 1-1-2007 and on.

I say the same thing about Dodge with Cummins. Cummins is one hell of a unstopable motor. Unlike chevy the Cummins can be put into 3 dodge shells before it needs rebuilt.

Welcome to the good side. :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts