Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard good and bad tbhings on this subject...

Just wantin some experienced insight

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I'm going to subscribe to this....because it seems like all I read, everyone is 50/50 on whether they like it or not.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I prolly will just run windsheild wiper fluid... that should be an alright mix you guys think?

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
I think it would help, not sure how much but it couldn't hurt. If I were you I'd run a very small percentage of meth with water right after the stock turbo to cool the charged air down, two turbo's I'm sure can really heat it up. I'm going to go with an aftermarket intercooler in the future for similar effects, seem like a good idea to me being that the stock ones probably don't like 60psi for too long and may break eventually anyways.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have heard that you can get pitting in the intake area the start of rust I guess is what they have said. The back side of the intake valves is were I have heard. Some say that you can put in upper cylinder lube to help/prevent this issue.

Again I have no first hand experience of this it is just what I have heard. If any of you guys can confirm or disprove this it would be helpful.

The EGT drop would be nice.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I liked my water meth but it got ot be a hassle filling it up and then making sure I let my truck run for about 10 minutes after I ran it. My own 50/50 mix did not cool anything down and you really couldnt feel a seat of pants power with it. But it did give me 16RWHP on the dyno.

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
I hear cylinder pressure could be an issue....
I've seen a cyl pressure gauge somewhere

I prolly will just run windsheild wiper fluid... that should be an alright mix you guys think?
You can run it, it will work, but read this: http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/propane-nitrous-meth/53494-interested-meth-look-here.html

and, if you take 5 gallons of WWS, and check the MSDS to make sure there is no soap in it. take the 5 gallons and dump it into a bucket. watch how much it suds. the supplier I get my meth from also supplies WWS and told me it all has soap in it even if the MSDS says it doesnt

I think it would help, not sure how much but it couldn't hurt. If I were you I'd run a very small percentage of meth with water right after the stock turbo to cool the charged air down, two turbo's I'm sure can really heat it up. I'm going to go with an aftermarket intercooler in the future for similar effects, seem like a good idea to me being that the stock ones probably don't like 60psi for too long and may break eventually anyways.
I need to get back in touch with huckstorf. there was some talk of doing a before and after dyno run with an aftermarket intercooler. wouldnt be too hard to do 2 'before' runs with and w/o meth and 2 after runs

I have heard that you can get pitting in the intake area the start of rust I guess is what they have said. The back side of the intake valves is were I have heard. Some say that you can put in upper cylinder lube to help/prevent this issue.

Again I have no first hand experience of this it is just what I have heard. If any of you guys can confirm or disprove this it would be helpful.

The EGT drop would be nice.
I dont know, but if the water isnt getting into the oil, and after 100,000 miles spraying I dont have any other funky contaminates in my oil.....

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
why would you i thought you were getting and II kit, whats the point then?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had wm and twins on my Dodge. Worked excellent. I didn't have a egt problem before the wm but even when running 50/50 saw at least 100 deg drop in egts. Power was very noticeable too. Be careful with the cyl. pressures alright though. I ran slightly more than 50% meth one day, combined with the higher drive pressure turbo setup I had and I managed to blow the head gasket, even though my head was o-ringed and studded.
Start with smaller nozzles than you think you need and run less than 40%meth and you'll be good.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive run water meth before.. but i sold it when i installed the twins...

egts are low with the twins.. crazy low.. so no need to take the risk IMO

maybe if it was a all out race truck but i have no intentions for none of that..

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
So would custom tuning be in order? by that i mean have someone in your vehicle to adjust parameters? Or would someone just be able to "whip up" a tune that would work with WM? They would have to have some sort of first hand tuning with twins and WM no?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts