Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gettin tired of my truck already, its got 52k miles and i just put a new tranny in it. but im tired of crappy mileage and i wanna get a BMW 645ci. what should i do? i had a guy offer me $27k for it but i want at least $28k :confused:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha well ive got some serious plans for it already. ill be pushin about 550hp after a month or so

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
used M5 all the way. damn the power u can get out of that thing. itll smoke almost anything around except for those supercar exotics

·
Premium Member
2020 GMC 3500HD AT4 L5P Diesel
386 Posts
I think those 328's are twin turbo's now a days? Pretty peppy.

Stephen,
What year 645ci for $28k? I hope you plan on making rap videos... I think thats all those things are good for. If cost of fuel is your concern... I'm not sure if a BMW (premium fuel only) is going to cure your woes. I'd imagine it would add to them, especially pushing 550hp, and paying BMW mechanics to fix whatever you try to modify german engineering.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
If someone offered you 27k for your truck it'd be gone if I were you.. Take the 1k loss and get rid of it if thats what you want to do. Atleast your not going to a powerjoke

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
duramaxxed- its a 05 with 48k miles. they get better gas mileage than my truck does. my mom has a MB CLS 550 and shes getting 30mpg. ive talked to the bmw dealers around here and they said that even pushing high hp on a bmw u still get anywhere from 22-28 mpg depending how its driven. ive helped my friend fix his audi so i wouldnt think theres much difference. the programming on them is expensive but worth it

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chevy d-max haha well where i live many ppl want modded trucks, so i can get 28k by the end of the month its not hard. a dealer offered me 30k i just dont wanna trade it in to them. im just not sure what i wanna do yet i wanna see what everyone thinks

·
Premium Member
2020 GMC 3500HD AT4 L5P Diesel
386 Posts
Stephen,

Check this out Gas Mileage of 2005 BMW 645ci

... I'm about getting that with my LBZ

If you're not a truck guy, go with the beamer, but from a money stand point, prepare to pay high insurance premiums, and about that same fuel costs.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tank- i dont wanna trade to that dealer, that was for an LMM that they had there but i didnt end up wanting it.
duramaxxed- thanks for the info but thats still getting better mpg than my truck is. like i love my truck its my pride and joy but i got a full academic scholarship to the University of Texas and driving back and forth in my truck, its just a money hole. since i got the scholarship my parents are paying for insurance so im not worried about it

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
tank- i dont wanna trade to that dealer, that was for an LMM that they had there but i didnt end up wanting it.
duramaxxed- thanks for the info but thats still getting better mpg than my truck is. like i love my truck its my pride and joy but i got a full academic scholarship to the University of Texas and driving back and forth in my truck, its just a money hole. since i got the scholarship my parents are paying for insurance so im not worried about it
Congrats on the scholarship :drink

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
Hey if it was me and i was a girl and saw you in a bmw later *** I am from ft lauderdale and bmw's are every were their not cool man sell your edge. Take your tires off put stock tires with rims on and get efi done now grow up and relize your a dude not a chick

sorry just venting hate to see threads like this

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
back to the question is why did you want a truck than if your looking at cars now cars are cool for a second vehicle not a dd

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i wanted to get a new body style, now im looking at cars because where i live its about class or being a full on *******. id rather have class now that im looking at things, like i love blowing smoke and stuff but im growing up now and looking at things in a different perspective.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha too old me for me sorry 95 Z71. if it was about an 03 BMW i more than likely would

1 - 20 of 64 Posts