Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..I have no clue what this tube is..but its flat, looks like its been smashed..it runs from the fan back to the motor.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
antifreeze flows through that and no it should not be smashed together like that

·
Registered
897 Posts
Can you draw an arrow pointing towards the tube you are talking about? If you are talking about the upper radiator hose, if its not collapsed completely, its fine. Once the truck cools off, take the cap off the overflow tank and see if changes anything.

·
Registered
462 Posts
it'll do that when you shut the truck down and it cools if you crack your overflow open when it's flat you should hear air suck into the tank and the hose relax a bit just as long as it's not like that when it's running

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright guys thx..I was under the hood in the fuse panel doing the all on mod and I looked over and saw that tube..and thought wtf..lol..I just got my truck a month ago..so I didnt know if it was always like that or what..and also there is a spot kind of below that that looks like something is supposed to go there..there are bolt holes..and 1 bolt?? its a silver metal piece..and it looks like something else is supposed to be attached to it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
alright guys thx..I was under the hood in the fuse panel doing the all on mod and I looked over and saw that tube..and thought wtf..lol..I just got my truck a month ago..so I didnt know if it was always like that or what..and also there is a spot kind of below that that looks like something is supposed to go there..there are bolt holes..and 1 bolt?? its a silver metal piece..and it looks like something else is supposed to be attached to it.
I believe that may be the location for the optional second alternator. no worries!!! :gearjamin

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The coolant reservoir cap gets stickey and will not let air back into the system when the coolant cools down. Replace the reservoir cap, or clean with hot soapy water.

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Not trying to be mean, but....your messing around in your trucks fuse box and you didn't know what the upper radiator hose is?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The DIY for the all on mod is pretty easy to do. I'm sure my wife could do it. Just sayin...

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
You sayin your wife wouldn't know a radiator hose when she sees one then? Or figure out that its connected to the radiator, not the fan....

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Yep. She once drove our old Durango to work which was an hour drive with both front brake calipers locked up. Then called me and said it smelled like her tires were burning once she got there. With the right guidance a monkey can do a lot of things and not have a clue what it is.

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts
Not trying to be mean, but....your messing around in your trucks fuse box and you didn't know what the upper radiator hose is?
im a firm believer in "if you dont know anything about it, dont phuck with it"

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I thought that part of the forum was to help others out? He's just asking a question.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I thought that part of the forum was to help others out? He's just asking a question.
We all got to learn and we all have asked the "elementary question", kudos to a owner working on his pride and joy and enjoy it!

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
This forum is for all participants new and old, experianced and inexperianced

·
Registered
202 Posts
That was a bit of a dig on an 18 year old kid. He's here, he's learning and he is trying.
It takes some balls to post questions that are obvious to some.
First glance in LBZ engine bay can be somewhat overwelming to sort it all out in to what is what.

Cut him some slack.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on being the first jackass ive encountered on this forum..thx for the answers everyone else..and your right..idk about half the stuff under the hood..im 18 and I've only kneed my truck for a month.i drive an eclipse and a cadillac before this.nothing close to a diesel.and there are lots of hoses and lines..and I didbt follow it where it went.i just said that dont look right and took a pic..and I meant it goes by the fan to give referense..i know what a radiator is.lmao..i just never knew about things like an egr until now.and I have to learn somehow.and its not from jackasses like you.i work on furnaces not trucks.and I did my all on mod buy follow a diy by a person that made it with the intention to help newbies..so next time dont be a dick.im sure you dont know everything..

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Congrats on being the first jackass ive encountered on this forum..thx for the answers everyone else..and your right..idk about half the stuff under the hood..im 18 and I've only kneed my truck for a month.i drive an eclipse and a cadillac before this.nothing close to a diesel.and there are lots of hoses and lines..and I didbt follow it where it went.i just said that dont look right and took a pic..and I meant it goes by the fan to give referense..i know what a radiator is.lmao..i just never knew about things like an egr until now.and I have to learn somehow.and its not from jackasses like you.i work on furnaces not trucks.and I did my all on mod buy follow a diy by a person that made it with the intention to help newbies..so next time dont be a dick.im sure you dont know everything..
No need to call names now....I tried to say it in the nicest way i could. I apologize for my ignorance in remembering how useful this forum has been to many people and myself in learning things that are obvious to some. I am sorry for being an a$$ about it. Do yourself a favor though and spend some time in/under/around your truck learning what everything is/does. Will definetly be helpful to yourself and others in the future.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts