Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4893 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new truck and i am new to the duramax world. I just cant decide if i want to get a new LML (which would put me at the top of my budget) or get a LMM.
Or do you guys think I should wait until the 2012 come out to get a 2011 (i am assuming there will be a better deal on the 11's)
Thanks in advance. I havent seen a LML pic thread yet.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. This is the kind of info. I am looking for. willsdiesel if you can post a pic of your gmc.
Thanks

·
Registered
769 Posts
Show off? If you insist!

My dad's got a 2010 LMM, and I the LML. Both great trucks. My truck gets slightly better MPGs, rides better and is quieter (not necessarily a plus?). You can't go wrong with either, but I think if you don't buy the LML, you're going to wish you had.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Peddler, thanks. I really love the blue and its rare. Thats my fear, if i get a LMM and would regret it and want a LML. I want to own this truck for a very long time and dont want to be second guessing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok I'll bite Stealth Gray Metallic in a Denali is kinda rare.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Pics are in the link My new 3500 hd in my response. Maybe it isnt working, it works for me let me know If y can't click it

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Willsdiesel, it worked. THanks for the pics.

Grimtas you are right, i never see denali's in that color. I wish they would make more color options for the denali thou.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I was gonna buy the Denali, but wanted a storm gray truck, gm made a mistake bc they would have sold another denali if there would have been more options

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the grey would have been awesome. I would also like to see the imperial blue denali too. I bet in the coming years they will have more color options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the grey would have been awesome. I would also like to see the imperial blue denali too. I bet in the coming years they will have more color options.
I too wanted the imperial blue, but wanted the cooled seats and heated steering wheel more. I wouldn't count on the denali's coming out in anything other then one color besides their standard black and white. History has shown on the Yukon's as such anyway.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Here is my LML with every option available

·
EFILIVE,y u no DSP5 LML??
1,591 Posts
here is one... Love mine. You might be able to get a good deal on an 11 when the 12's come out but your choices may be limited. I got $11000 off the sticker (after 3 hrs of haggling LOL) so you might be able to do better @ the end of the model year.

Attachments

·
EFILIVE,y u no DSP5 LML??
1,591 Posts
Here's mine. BDS 6.5 kit with 22x10.5 nova's on 37" trail grapplers!! Just got it back today and love it!!
Sweet ride!:rockin

·
Registered
769 Posts
is the ride really that different. btw nice rides, me want one damn it
There is a notable difference between the 2010 and 2011 trucks. That said, the 2010 is not bad, just not as good. My '11 feels a lot more sure-footed when towing vs my dad's '10, and the empty ride is better in the '11. Again, nothing wrong with the '10s, but the '11 is better.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Nice setup, missing the training wheels ;) j/k.

What is that your using for your tranny cooler grill?
Ya the Dually is nice, just a little more than i need being the 3500 single is 11,600 GVW and 3900 lb payload now. The toyhauler is only 30' and 8600 lbs( lots lighter than the trailer i traded it for).

The cooler gaurd is from Custom Truck Parts (can't remember the brand ,will look when i go out later). You can't really tell in the picture but a couple of weeks after i put the cooler gaurd on i was camping in the bush and while i was parking the trailer i went ahead into some tree branches and a branch pushed into the cooler gaurd and bent it up, i didn't even notice till later when i was walking past the front and saw the branch sticking out from the gaurd :rofl. Stick would have damaged the cooler for sure. i pulled it off and straightened it out but up close you can see it is not perfectly straight. :gearjamin

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
is the ride really that different. btw nice rides, me want one damn it
I don't think the ride is that much smoother than my LMM( but the LMM was a 2500), but there is a huge difference in how sturdy and solid the 2011 LML feels compared to my LMM. As far as towing the 2011 pulls easier, gets better MPG, goes downhill better with the new exhaust brake. These are all good, but the Best thing with the new LML is the 9th injector for regen , no more fuel in the oil. DEF has been no problem and is nothing to add once in a while.

1 - 20 of 4893 Posts