Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

4881 - 4893 of 4893 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought this truck right before Christmas. 15 STL. Leveled it out this past weekend with the drop shackles. So far its been great. Hooked up to a dump trailer this past weekend and it is night and day difference from my F-150. I had an 08 before I decided to downsize.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought this truck right before Christmas. 15 STL. Leveled it out this past weekend with the drop shackles. So far its been great. Hooked up to a dump trailer this past weekend and it is night and day difference from my F-150. I had an 08 before I decided to downsize.
How do you like it with drop shackles? Any squatting issues when towing a load?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is about an inch of rake. I hooked up a dump trailer over the weekend that was around 10k. Didn't squat it much at all maybe about a 1/2 under level. That's probably the heaviest thing Ill tow. My toy hauler is 7300 dry and about 9500 fully loaded. I haven't hooked it up yet but I expect about the same results.

I will say I think the ride improved with the longer shackles though. The rear end seems to absorb the bumps better now.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Few different set ups over the past year

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
That pic with the Denali wheels is perfect. Can you share the details of that setup?
2" Mcgaughys drop shackle in the rear. Front either stock height or ever so slightly cranked. Tires are 35x12.50 Toyo MTs.

·
Registered
855 Posts
How does it sit when towing with the drop shackles?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Most I've hauled was about 7-8k and it didn't have any issues. Sat fine.

4881 - 4893 of 4893 Posts