Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I've had my gasser for about 2 weeks now, and it's already time to get some aftermarket parts. I found a guy who sells Ranchhand and other style bumpers, how do you guys think this would look on my 09 silverado 1500?? I want a matching rear tow bumper also.

·
Registered
785 Posts
1. Why a gasser?
2. Will be like carrying a plow all year, especially on a 1/2er.
3. Looks good on that truck.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
i like that bumper on that truck :drink

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldnt afford the crazy upgrade cost to a duramax. On top of that, when I had my LB7 theres no diesel techs around, not even the chevy dealers. Maybe in 5 years if times are better, interest rates are lower I'l go with another diesel. I love the look of these bumpers though

·
ROTM STAFF
2,802 Posts
What do I think?

diamond plate square style bumpers look good on square body style trucks of the 70's and 80's...

...but put them on a new ergonomic/aerodynamic rounded body style truck in the last 20 years,..and they can make a beautiful truck look hideously horrible.

Ranchhand had their day in the sun,...and on the farm....now there are bumpers companies that actually form to the rounded bodies of todays trucks...and are even stronger.

out with the old...in with the new.....that's just my opinion...

2 perfect examples of new style bodies and new style bumper

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tank, I dream of someday having a truck like yours. What would you recommend?

·
ROTM STAFF
2,802 Posts

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would you want some POS Ford?

just kidding Jay :neener

Truck "LIKE" his, id let him keep the ford logo and I'd replace it with a bowtie hahaha

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the look of the ironbull bumpers! Do you think they weigh a ton though? I dont want to drag my frame on the ground lol

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I like the look of Black Ops bumpers. ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice, I just dont want to pay $2000 for a bumper. The one I posted originally is about $650 and rear is $300 and change (incl receiver). Trailready pre-runner style looks real good on the new body style trucks though

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Check out Top Gun bumpers. I still haven't figured out how to post a link, but they are available on Ebay as well as some truck shops.

·
ROTM STAFF
2,802 Posts
I love the look of the ironbull bumpers! Do you think they weigh a ton though? I dont want to drag my frame on the ground lol
around 180lbs....basically an average size guy sitting on your front end.

I like the look of Black Ops bumpers. ;)
Me too:drink

Very nice, I just dont want to pay $2000 for a bumper. The one I posted originally is about $650 and rear is $300 and change (incl receiver). Trailready pre-runner style looks real good on the new body style trucks though
from what I know...Iron bull and some others brands are around 1200-1400 shipped....depending on model

you get what you pay for..a $650 bumper isn't going to be as well engineered or as strong as a $1200 bumper,....and a $1,200 bumper isn't going to be as strong or as well engineered as a $3,000 bumper.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Although I did not replace the bumper, I'm very happy with my Ranch Hand guard.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Check out Body Guard Bumpers. They look good and are alot more reasonable than most of the others (as far as price).

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
IMO, i think that bumper looks too big and gaudy. i like the small clean ones like the second pic that tank posted. i have one on the way thats similar to it :drink

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Look closely at the first pic I put up, in my original post. is the bumper not symmetrical? it looks like the drivers side has a squared edge (top-to-front) while the pass side has a flat-to 45 degree-to front. know what I mean??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts