Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay the truck has 1200 miles on it and the drivers side mirror glass shakes so bad now :mad:. Plus the belt is noisy. After I bought the truck I noticed that the headliners were both creased at the A pillar, but I know am asking for more trouble than is worth to have some knockle head change it to add more problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea, the tow mirrors on the '05s arnt the best. If you do anything buy a pair of the towing mirrors for the '06. They mount directly on the '05 and are pnp (plug 'n play) the only problem is they dont power extend :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went in today to complain about the mirrors shaking :eek: , the tech. came out and talked to me. Will hears what he said was the cause, my LIFT KIT :liar . I said what lift kit as I now was going to make him more of an idiot, having to tell him do you how the stock 2500HD's ride :cookoo ? Like a pogo stick bouncing around over every little bump unweighted with a long bed. In that mine, I said what I did improved & smoothed the ride out & wheres the LIFT KIT? For PR reasons we will change both, if this happens again I will have to talk to the service manger. Are the techs that dumb now a days :poke ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bakatare said:
Went in today to complain about the mirrors shaking , the tech. came out and talked to me. Will hears what he said was the cause, my LIFT KIT :liar . I said what lift kit as I now was going to make him more of an idiot, having to tell him do you how the stock 2500HD's ride :cookoo ? Like a pogo stick bouncing around over every little bump unweighted with a long bed. In that mine, I said what I did improved & smoothed the ride out & wheres the LIFT KIT? For PR reasons we will change both, if this happens again I will have to talk to the service manger. Are the techs that dumb now a days ?
LMFAO.......that sounds like something a tech at the ford dealer i used to work at would say:rof ....no...not all techs are THAT stupid:rof

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I did not tell this genius was that I was a tech. also. After he told me it was the lift kit I decided to have fun with this moron. Thats why I hate other people working on any of my cars under warranty, when I rather do it myself if I could.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bakatare said:
What I did not tell this genius was that I was a tech. also. After he told me it was the lift kit I decided to have fun with this moron. Thats why I hate other people working on any of my cars under warranty, when I rather do it myself if I could.
I take it your not a chevy tech then???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did ten years at a Chev dealership, but you have to move on to where the money is :woot

·
Registered
23 Posts
You know it always seems that the tech who's handling my ride knows far less than I do and I'm not a tech. I guess there is a lot of people out there that "just need a job" and they happen to be the next tech in line when I'm next in line. Damn! Anyway the older I get the more prone I am to speak out. And I was always eager to speak out! I will stop what is going on and ask for the manager. I will have only the best tech in the shop work on my ride (not happening). It's kinda like if you go to the burger joint and complain, you can expect to get spit on your burger! Anyway LOL. I owned a 1973 Vega GT in 1973 and when it smoked like Hell and used oil like crazy and overheated and died on me, they said it was my fault because I painted the cylinder head. Go figure. Anyway they wound up putting a new motor in with steel sleeves. Imagine that. They said it would never run right afterwards but the pipes chalked out and I never had another problem with it. What I see is that some dealerships just seem to ward off all small complaints as much as possible in order to lower their cost of operations. You know what they say, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". So, if you don't get the results you want, just complain a little louder and louder still. Eventually you will get what you need. Go straight to the service manager. If you don't get what you want, call the number in the owner's manual. You might be surprised how fast they fix it, and how nice and eager they will be to help you in the future.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I do have to say some of the guys I work with should not be driving cars, yet working on them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will the pos replacement mirrors shake again, after 300 miles. The truck only has 1500 miles.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Okay the truck has 1200 miles on it and the drivers side mirror glass shakes so bad now :mad:. Plus the belt is noisy. After I bought the truck I noticed that the headliners were both creased at the A pillar, but I know am asking for more trouble than is worth to have some knockle head change it to add more problems.
Thanks Dustin. As soon as I get time I'll send u logs of both trucks on 5.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts