Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Ain't lookin' back
275 Posts
If I order your SLF and SF1 LED bulbs for my truck (see sig), is the back order really 6-8 weeks or is that worst case scenario? I'm itching to drop an order but not sure if I wanna wait that long.

Reactions: Diode Dynamics

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
If I order your SLF and SF1 LED bulbs for my truck (see sig), is the back order really 6-8 weeks or is that worst case scenario? I'm itching to drop an order but not sure if I wanna wait that long.
Thank you for asking!

The 6-8 weeks is an estimated production lead time (The SL1 & SLF are made here in St. Louis). It may be quicker than the stated time, but that's the time-frame we provide.

Please feel free to send us a PM for the free-shipping code!

Nick C.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My other truck (2011 Sierra) has your XML2 fog lights in it and I really enjoy them as driving lights. I do not see them on your website anymore? I only see these new SLF ones which are alot less lumens than my XML2's

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Hi there!

Thanks for your support, we're glad you're enjoying the bulbs! We get this question a fair amount, and understandably so. Despite the SLF having a lower lumen rating, it far outperforms the XML2 in terms of beam pattern and focus, so we discontinued the XML2 once the SLF was released. On my own personal vehicle, I switched over to the SLF from a competitor's LED fog light bulb that also had a higher lumen rating, and I have far more usable light on the street.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Ain't lookin' back
275 Posts
Something I'm having a challenge with is my fog lights. I've got a 2018 3500HD with the round fogs. I currently have some high power LED bulbs in there and I believe they must be too powerful for the enclosure. I've got light shining illuminating oncoming traffic. Example, two lane flat road, 5:15 in the morning, as a car approaches and passes me, I can see what glasses they are wearing, smoking a cigarette, wearing a blue Royals hat. That's just with my fogs on.

Would I have the same issue with your fog lights, the SLF's?

·
Registered
460 Posts
No the XML's were a driving light that had a very bright and unfocused beam pattern. The SLF's have a very nice cutoff as fogs and do not blind incoming traffic. Much prefer the new SLF's as a fog light as it has alot more useable light.

·
Ain't lookin' back
275 Posts
No the XML's were a driving light that had a very bright and unfocused beam pattern. The SLF's have a very nice cutoff as fogs and do not blind incoming traffic. Much prefer the new SLF's as a fog light as it has alot more useable light.
Thanks for the reply. So, here's my ultimate questions:

I currently have the Supernova v.4 LED bulbs in the enclosure https://headlightrevolution.com/supernova-v-4-led-headlights-5202-2504-bulbs/). They have a very clean cut-line as well.

Do the SLF have a "better" cut line?

·
Registered
460 Posts
All I can offer my opinion is the XML vs SLF. SLF have a very nice cutoff line and are a very nice upgrade to the factory fog lighting.

·
Ain't lookin' back
275 Posts
All I can offer my opinion is the XML vs SLF. SLF have a very nice cutoff line and are a very nice upgrade to the factory fog lighting.
No problem. Thanks for you time and perspective.

Sent from the future using a Flux Capacitor at 88mph.

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Great question!

As you've seen, many LED fog light bulbs offer a TON of total output, without much emphasis on the optical design, or where the LEDs are positioned. The SLF is designed to perfectly mimic the clean, controlled beam pattern of stock incandescent bulbs, while being FAR brighter and more focused.

Regarding the Supernovas, we actually haven't gotten a chance to do any side-by-side testing (hopefully soon). But, I can tell you for certain that the SLF will offer much more functional light output than standard high power LED bulbs!

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Ain't lookin' back
275 Posts
Great question!

As you've seen, many LED fog light bulbs offer a TON of total output, without much emphasis on the optical design, or where the LEDs are positioned. The SLF is designed to perfectly mimic the clean, controlled beam pattern of stock incandescent bulbs, while being FAR brighter and more focused.

Regarding the Supernovas, we actually haven't gotten a chance to do any side-by-side testing (hopefully soon). But, I can tell you for certain that the SLF will offer much more functional light output than standard high power LED bulbs!

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
Jake -

Thank you for the reply and insight. Will be purchasing a set of your SLF this week. I'm at the point where I'd be willing to try anything. I haven't ruled out the Morimoto fogs, but i'd like to keep the stock reflector setup.

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Happy to help!

I'd be happy to get you free shipping on those (as long as you're in the U.S), so feel free to shoot me a PM for that code before you order.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are your kits truly plug and play, im hoping to upgrade the highs, lows, and fogs on my truck. A 2017 Silverado 2500, but im not very electrically talented i dont want to have to mess around with any wiring.

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Are your kits truly plug and play, im hoping to upgrade the highs, lows, and fogs on my truck. A 2017 Silverado 2500, but im not very electrically talented i dont want to have to mess around with any wiring.
That's correct!

Our LED headlight and fog light bulbs for your '17 2500 are a drop-in upgrade. No splicing, wiring, or modification needed.

Our fitment records show our 9005-size SL1 high beam bulbs won't fit, but low beams and fog lights will be a direct replacement.

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
175 Posts
Everything I've read says the. LED bulbs are not compatible with our computers and electronics .....that a change out to led will eventually cause Gremlins.

How does your product avoid that problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's correct!

Our LED headlight and fog light bulbs for your '17 2500 are a drop-in upgrade. No splicing, wiring, or modification needed.

Our fitment records show our 9005-size SL1 high beam bulbs won't fit, but low beams and fog lights will be a direct replacement.

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
Hey, thanks for the info Jake. Would you guys happen to have anything that would work as an upgrade for the high beams ?

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #218

Think all LED fog lights are created equal? Think again! Check out this comparison of our SLF LED Fog Light Bulbs compared to a generic design commonly found on Amazon or eBay. As you can see, the generic option doesn't focus the light output, causing lots of glare and wasted light. By comparison, the SLF's advanced optical design matches the filament location of the original halogen bulb, providing the same clean, focused beam pattern as the stock bulb - only much brighter!

Ready to upgrade the fog lights on your ride? Click here to use our Vehicle Finder tool!

And don't forget to shoot us a PM for free USPS shipping on any U.S order!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #220

LAST CHANCE TO SAVE!!! Until 11:59 p.m. CST on 12/2/2019, you can use coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY" at checkout for 20% off your entire order of lighting upgrades, including our NEW SS3 LED Pods!!! Don't wait, this sale ends TONIGHT!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday 12/2/2019. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

201 - 220 of 221 Posts