Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 220 Posts

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
:thumb

now i just need to get with Chad @ DSC and see what he says!! And of course get with you on that low beam HID kit...

if he did the retrofit, would you still be able to supply the HID kit? Don't they require a different bulb..?

btw, when is your name going to change to purple?!?!?!

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
here's a little preview from yesterdays installation

:)

i'll get a shot of them lit up tonight and put all the installation photos in my thread today :thumb

did both the reverse lights and license plate lights

just need to hook the batteries up (after i pull the front fenders off - separate project) so i can have some POWA, and see how bright these bad boys are :cool:

SMD27 (205 lumens)
IMG_8331.jpg

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
:thumb

now i just need to get with Chad @ DSC and see what he says!! And of course get with you on that low beam HID kit...

if he did the retrofit, would you still be able to supply the HID kit? Don't they require a different bulb..?

btw, when is your name going to change to purple?!?!?!
Chad may not want to tackle a retrofit housing, that's up to him, but we can definitely supply you with the HID conversion kit

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I Put my order in! Can't wait to see how these led fogs turn out!

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
We have flasher modules available up for 2006 Model years and lower. The 2007+ modules don't have replaceable flasher modules and will require load resistors to prevent the hyperflashing

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It's easier than it sounds, and you aren't actually tapping into the wire with the quick splice connectors we include:

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You may have different wire colors, but it's the same basic procedure

The easiest way to tell if they are installed correctly is to feel them for heat. If installed correctly, they should generate heat (creating resistance in the circuit)

Nick C.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
got my new fog light bulbs in the mail yesterday :) :) :)

already have the license plate and reverse lights installed, now i just need to get these bad boys in!!

oh ya, they're amber btw :thumb

going to look pimp with the colormatch thats going on!

IMG_8412.jpg

IMG_8413.jpg

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the amber ones! My shipment is finally in Canada haha should be here soon.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts
i could ghetto rig it for the time being if needed :rof

the front end is off the truck getting modified and painted....but i guess i could hook a battery up, and hook the fog light housings up and hold them :rofl

IMG_8481.jpg

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
What did it run you to get it all painted?

·
Most Known Unknown
29,352 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
$00.00 :thumb

materials included
Damn you haha anyways sorry for jacking the thread!

I'm excited to have these LEDs, everyone has hids and I'm getting tired or replacing ballasts.

How many lumens are yours?

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
A quality HID conversion kit will give you more usable light output than an LED replacement, but LEDs are extremely easy to install and have a very long lifespan

Nick C.

41 - 60 of 220 Posts