Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to put a stack or stacks on the truck and I'm having trouble deciding whether or not I should go single or duals. I like the look of a single its more raced out lookin, but I also like the balanced look of duals. What do you guys think would look better? Gonna be goin 6" black to match the theme. I would appreciate the imput I need some more opinions

Attachments

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Dual..

I said single too..

Now I have duals haha!

<----see

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
here what itll look like with a single i love the single thoguht about getting duals just got to watch the money

Attachments

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
single black would look good. 7in maybe

·
Registered
27 Posts
had the single for a year then put 8" stacks on :)

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
With that truck I think that a single fat stack 7 or 8 right smack dab in the center of the truck i had a single 6 on mine but it just wasnt loud enough for me so i put duals that stay inside my lights on my headache rack

·
Registered
581 Posts
oh and i'd do it paint if flat black and make it a minor slant cut and have it stickin up about an inch above the rack to make it kinda stand out

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've had a single turn-out, dual 5" turn-outs, then a single mitre-cut, and now I have dual mitre-cuts and I think my current set-up looks and sounds the best. Like you said, the duals give it a more balanced look.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I did 1 4" stack on mine and am happy with it... I think I would have been happy with a 5" stack too but either way I prefer a single.... I'm not in to going way overkill... I just put on what it takes to serve the purpose... Also I feel stack(s) need to be proportionate to the rest of the truck.... Size of tires, bed, cab style etc.... I'm not going to run over 265's most likely so I don't need monster stacks.... Just some thoughts on all of this...

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the imput guys now I gotta make a decision :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
your the guy with the 8-Lug duramax!!!! :eek::eek::scott:kneel
wow, i love your truck, best dmax i have ever seen!
i will take it off your hands if you ever get tired of it and want to donate it....:cool: lol

also, how are you liking the flat black?

oh, and get duals
thats sick man. very nice looking truck. where did you get your tool box running boards? i'v never seen that before
lol thanks guys . I'll have this truck till the day i die. honestly flat black is the biggest pain in the ass to keep clean. If you ever do it just get it wrapped trust me I've painted the truck 5 times. till it finally matched.

the tool boxes can be seen at ROCKER POD Cargo Step from Ultimate Truck Gear
theres another thread on them on this site heres the link

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/exterior/56409-rocker-pods-sweet-truck.html

if you have any question about them put them in that thread i don't wanna hijack this thread . thanks for the compliment guys :drink

·
Registered
170 Posts
Single 6" at cab height would look great and should perform the way you want it to. Nice color scheme btw.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts