Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

single or dual stacks?

9K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  One Bad Duramax 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to put a stack or stacks on the truck and I'm having trouble deciding whether or not I should go single or duals. I like the look of a single its more raced out lookin, but I also like the balanced look of duals. What do you guys think would look better? Gonna be goin 6" black to match the theme. I would appreciate the imput I need some more opinions

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
here what itll look like with a single i love the single thoguht about getting duals just got to watch the money

Attachments

#4 ·
single black would look good. 7in maybe

#6 ·
had the single for a year then put 8" stacks on :)

Attachments

#13 ·
#9 ·
With that truck I think that a single fat stack 7 or 8 right smack dab in the center of the truck i had a single 6 on mine but it just wasnt loud enough for me so i put duals that stay inside my lights on my headache rack

#11 ·
I've had a single turn-out, dual 5" turn-outs, then a single mitre-cut, and now I have dual mitre-cuts and I think my current set-up looks and sounds the best. Like you said, the duals give it a more balanced look.

#12 ·
I did 1 4" stack on mine and am happy with it... I think I would have been happy with a 5" stack too but either way I prefer a single.... I'm not in to going way overkill... I just put on what it takes to serve the purpose... Also I feel stack(s) need to be proportionate to the rest of the truck.... Size of tires, bed, cab style etc.... I'm not going to run over 265's most likely so I don't need monster stacks.... Just some thoughts on all of this...

#16 ·
thanks for the imput guys now I gotta make a decision :rolleyes:

#20 ·
Single 6" at cab height would look great and should perform the way you want it to. Nice color scheme btw.

#23 ·
I's say dual stacks black goes with the color skim of your truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.