Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
get a single and if u dont like it it is really cheap for the extra plumbing for two ... just a thought

maybe with the side decal gone it wouldnt look so much like an "old mans truck"

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
if you tune your truck yeah you could get some soot on your 5th wheel...... as for the wood......i have a single stack, spare tire (i was an idiot and cut the spare tire holder upper off haha....) and i still haul fire wood......

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
DmaxChris hauls wood in his, he has even posted a few pics. I would love stacks, but I have a 5th wheel as well and do not want to soot the front all up. It is a PITA already to get the bug guts off let alone having to clean the soot covered bug guts.
see thats what im wondering if i have it on stock tune it wouldnt leave soot would it?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
if you tune your truck yeah you could get some soot on your 5th wheel...... as for the wood......i have a single stack, spare tire (i was an idiot and cut the spare tire holder upper off haha....) and i still haul fire wood......
i got efi and my tow tune has like no smoke at all

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I think you should do 8 inch duals

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Im about to put a 8 inch single polished on mine

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
how would your dad feel about this:neener hahahah

a stack will sure be louder that is for sure..

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Long bed.... DUALS!!!

cut is up to you. I hate Aussies like Beech said but its not my truck! I vote Mitre

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
if u buy a single kit and dont really like the looks then all u gotta buy is a y pipe and another stack but if u buy the dual first and if u end up not liking them as much as the single then u wasted some money just saying man...

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Im about to put a 8 inch single polished on mine
why dont you just use an old oil barrel:rolleyes:

Long bed.... DUALS!!!

cut is up to you. I hate Aussies like Beech said but its not my truck! I vote Mitre
lol i said i liek the aussies....but i agree long beds look better with duals shorts with single

21 - 40 of 278 Posts