Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well I finished the rear axle, just have to fill it with oil and get it under the truck. Hopefully next weekend, then get some mile on it before I have to tow 14,000# memorial day weekend. Also dropping off all teh stock dually wheels for sandblasting and Ecoat Thursday. I picked up 45 gallon Aux tank that I need to get installed also.Pics later

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Bringing the axle home from the shop after installing the 4.11 gears

Big ASS YUKON SHAFTS

Brakes all plumbed NEW SS lines

Oh and I scored a 45 Gallogn Aux tank box combo. Did I mention I HATE POLISHING ALUMINUM!!

Last weekend was cooling stack Clean out also. I am hoping the radiator O ring stoped leakeng.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Pandora is looking good. I like seeing stuff done right!!! I feel the same way. Not sure where that “done right” feeling comes from but it is strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Pandora is looking good. I like seeing stuff done right!!! I feel the same way. Not sure where that “done right” feeling comes from but it is strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, It gets me in trouble sometimes ( if it aint broke ) but I feel like if it took me time to get to a point and I dont want to come back replace it all and know its done.. Kinda like the aluminum box Aux tank/box, I didnt have to polish it up I could have left it. but it made the truck look shitty LOL. Option 2 was rhino line it. As for the PAndora axle I am about ready to make the swap, just have to get my tires all swappped over to the newly Ecaoted wheels, and hope for a day without rain.

Reactions: McSpeed

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Damn real nice work. Love the zinc hardware on the black!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Damn real nice work. Love the zinc hardware on the black!
Thank you, I live in the salt belt so Im sure it wont last but at least I know I did it right the first time.

Reactions: 73impala

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Finished wiring up the Shut off valve and pump for the aux tank. Power is isolated via Bosch relay and Ignition power is needed. Pump is an anti siphon and will self prime up to 21". I am pulling of the Gravity port on teh bottom of the tank. The pump has an interanal 74 micorn filter inside it. not realy worried as Ihave Air dog and stock filters. rated @ 136 LPH. I raided the fuel gauge about a 1/4 tank in 15 min of run time. I ran an extra set of wire as I will be installing a sending unit for fuel level gauge where that 2nd fill port is now.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Back onto the axle, out with the old and in with the new about 6 hours. I had to pull my dam air bags out for the axle to drop out. PFF. Also the parking brake cable trying to remove it just plain sucks of course I find a quick trip right as i am finishing. Tomorrow bleed the brakes, do a once over on the hardware, reinstall my airbags if they will fit on this axle. the pad is different than the 2500. Then a quick heat cycle on the new gears and bed the brakes.

Reactions: jdwarren

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
First test drive just to here a Fricking rotor scuffing a backing plate when its seated. So off the Driver sides came and a little grinder action she's quiet now. better check the Pass side while I am at it.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
How was the first test drive, beside the minor scuffing?

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
How was the first test drive, beside the minor scuffing?

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
Really doesn't feel much different I do feel the rear tires being out more in the rear and I think I have a slight beam vibration at a certain speed. THE 1" block I made for the rear is actually .25" to Tall. My wife noticed the truck being taller getting into it. This weekend I am looking at Driveshaft angles. It should be the same and I should have measured pinion angle to pad but didn't. I think the pinion is flatter and I may have to recut my 1" plates with a slight taper. It does appear to shift quicker with the new gear set and I am trying to figure out what the new speedometer reading really is because the CTS and GPS and speedo all read something different.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts