Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a lot of searching and I'm pretty sure I've decided which turbo I want (look in my signature) but I just wanted to hear some real world experience from you guys running VGT or Fixed Vane Singles. What would you do if you could do it over etc...is this the best choice for 600-650rwhp? I don't have the money to do this twice so I want the best the first time!

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
DD, race, tow? What's your end game? Regardless your on the right track for turbo. But also X2^

·
Registered
58 Posts
^^x2. TowU4Free and an outstanding write up on the DP. Just about to finish mine up. Rob said I should be close to 600hp on stock fueling with LP.

Reactions: TowU4Free

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
XXX-3 give Mark a call. If I could do it again I would have called Mark first I probably would have had a stg-2 r as it was being released as my 3794 was showing up at my doorstep.

·
Registered
839 Posts
^^x2. TowU4Free and an outstanding write up on the DP. Just about to finish mine up. Rob said I should be close to 600hp on stock fueling with LP.
do you have built trans? what converter?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DD, race, tow? What's your end game? Regardless your on the right track for turbo. But also X2^
I Drive my truck to work every day, Play with it on the weekends "red light to red light stuff", Tow light loads occasional, and this spring am going to start going to the 1/8th mile Drag-Strip. Then there is also the possibility of sled pull someday hopefully.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shoot towu4free a PM he is a super nice guy and I am sure he would be happy share more of his experience with you.
Good idea thanks! Btw, did you by any chance run your 3794 as a single before you twinned with the S475 ?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oops! Did not see the "Plans" part. My bad!

·
Taking the Long Way Home
3,291 Posts
Hmm enjoyed the write up tow4u I'm in a boat as the OP, I run marks 468 on my LML, now looking at that stage 2, only because I upgraded to a 5th wheel, and keeping her lit and egt's happy is a real treat.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Hey Ole Blacky,

You would absolutely love the Stage 2 3794. a fantastic charger for everyday driving, racing, towing, etc. Lower EGTs, quicker spool, more power. just all around better

We have them in stock if i can help answer any questions you may have. and like always, if you purchase parts from us, the tuning is FREE :)

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Mattsmax compounded the 3794 with an s475. you talk about best of both worlds !!! It would benefit more from an s480 down the line. As per your truck, Honestly they 3794 is hard to beat. I have set a new "Record" if you want to call it that with the stg2r 68mm at 1650 egts with dual fuelers where as i was around 1450 WOT with single stock pump. the 3794 would top out on my truck around 1650 EGTS. If you have even the slightest thought of going bigger get the stg2r while your there BUTTTTT, I personally would have been just as happy with my 3794 Compounded with an S480 down the line, I couldnt pass up the deal on the Stg2R at the time and my LMM was having the issue with "reduced engine power" with the 3794 (THIS PROBLEM ONLY OCCURS ON SOME LMM/LMLS NOT LLY/LBZ DUE TO LACK OF TABLES AVAILABLE IN THE ECM FOR EFI LIVE). I have many videos up too if you haven't seen those yet!

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Trojan366....I love your sig

Also, forgot to mention. The 3794 and Stg2R will spool faster most compound kits.

·
Registered
559 Posts

Also, forgot to mention. The 3794 and Stg2R will spool faster most compound kits.
I just saw this. :stir I had a little fun but decided to go back to reality lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I'm assuming the 3794 65mm lights faster than the Stg2R 68mm even though I understand they both are fast... Also if you could have either charger for a single cp3 Lbz truck which one would you choose?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Ole Blacky,

You would absolutely love the Stage 2 3794. a fantastic charger for everyday driving, racing, towing, etc. Lower EGTs, quicker spool, more power. just all around better

We have them in stock if i can help answer any questions you may have. and like always, if you purchase parts from us, the tuning is FREE :)
Dustin, please pm me a price for some 60% Nozzles & 3794 when you get time!

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Honestly they light the same at least on my truck with marks tuning ! The 3794 in my opinion would be the perfect charger for around 600hp the 68 stg2r would probably yield another 100 hp or so with fuel. Although I'm running the 68 I'm a strong advocate for that 3794 ! It'd be a little more wallet friendly too

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.