Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need help from anyone that has an idea mostly asking any volunteer firefighters. Where on earth is there space to mount the speakers under the hood for sirens?? Also what type of sirens are you using I've looked at a couple different brands.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My buddies truck has one in the back left (if your facing the entire truck hood first). Theres a good bit of room, but its an F450. In my chevy theres an open space behind the right headlight. Do you have the speaker already? Just try fitting it in there. You could always mount it to the frame somewhere underneath.

·
The Stealth
1,483 Posts
is it legal to have sirens and lights? im a volunteer firefighter also

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes. you just can't use them unless your going to an emergency.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't recomend Red and Blue lights but amber's, or all red/all blues are alright.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Also, yours is probably different but our VFD you have to have been a member for a year to use sirens. Lights are OK though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in ohio you can have red and white lights. they dont like you having blue. I have my lights but not sirens yet i just was looking where i could mount them and didnt really find any place off the top of my head....does anyone know about mounting the speakers under the bumber on the front??

·
Registered
386 Posts
First off you need to check the laws of your state. Mine doesnt allow lights or sirens, Alot of states have requirments, and almost EVERY state has thier own different way of going about it and what you can use. I installed them on our new brush rig, on this cross member as shown.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
With this speaker

Attachments

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
all depends on what type of speaker you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts