Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does everyone on here mount there sirius radio's in there trucks?
I cant put it in the left hand corner at the bottom like i used to because my GPS is there.
I was thinking the overhead consle, like this:

But being its the sunroof overhead consle i doubt i could make it work. Any other options? Pic's are helpful.

Thanks

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
VELCRO..............try it!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinkin that to but to mount it there, there is nothing to really velcro it to there, also, how do i extend the wires on the power cord to reach there but still looking close to factory.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Left the memory card at work, I'll post a pic tomorrow though.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ill get a pic of mine tomorrow

·
Registered
67 Posts
I took mine and attached it to a finished piece oak stained to the trim in my house and placed it in the center of my dash. I have the leather tirm package so I have a couple of empty spaces between the cigarette lighter and the power plug. I will try to get a pic posted.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My Sirius became a pain b/c I always had to jump to find a station. I did have the cheap one so I dont know if that matters.
The wife got me the Sirius boom box 2 X-mas's ago and I put that on the floor behind the front seats and put the antenna on the dash and I never loose a satellite signal b/c of that set up.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
My Sirius became a pain b/c I always had to jump to find a station. I did have the cheap one so I dont know if that matters.
The wife got me the Sirius boom box 2 X-mas's ago and I put that on the floor behind the front seats and put the antenna on the dash and I never loose a satellite signal b/c of that set up.
Why didnt you just get the direct connection? Its free from Sirius but doesnt come with it you have to tell them and then they ship it out....

·
Registered
240 Posts
I went a different route and got something called the Gateway from iSimple. The iSimple GateWay - The Ultimate iPod / iPhone Integration Solution It comes with a harness that connects up to your factory harness, and allows you to add sirius through your factory deck. It has two ports on it so you can connect up your IPOD too and use the factory deck to control that as well. I went this route so everything looks factory and does not leave anthing extra in the truck for someone to steal. I got the boxes tied up underneath the dash. The sirius signal has been really good too, much better than the starmate that I had before. Easy to install as well...just another option for you down the road if you want to get rid of trying to mount something extra.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
My truck is a mess right now but here is what I did with mine...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why didnt you just get the direct connection? Its free from Sirius but doesnt come with it you have to tell them and then they ship it out....
Thanks for the info. Didnt know that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The interior of my truck is the same as Trevorb 06. I took out my ash tray and used that area to attach the radio mount to. It sat on top of the console and looked pretty good. I'd post a picture but I bought a new stereo that has satellite radio built in. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts