Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whos running a six gun and what levels do you run around town on. ive played on 5 and 6 but been running around on 4. haven't put the speed loader on yet have it on the shelf, might do it this weekend.has any one been playing around with sl staying out of 4-5 gear. with a stock trans holding up fine?

ive also read about the res. plug. put a cap on mine just to see the diff. i read it will and wont hurt. any sugg.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have banks but I don't romp on it if it's above 3 just cause I don't wanna break the trans before I get it built. If its not shifting in 4th or 5th then you are probaly in "limp mode". Everyone will tell you 90hp over stock is the max for stock trans and it isn't a cheap fix. Search some threads and turn down the power til you're built. Fill in your sig to give people an idea of what you are working with.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have banks but I don't romp on it if it's above 3 just cause I don't wanna break the trans before I get it built. If its not shifting in 4th or 5th then you are probaly in "limp mode". Everyone will tell you 90hp over stock is the max for stock trans and it isn't a cheap fix. Search some threads and turn down the power til you're built. Fill in your sig to give people an idea of what you are working with.
read my post i said staying out of 4-5 like get out of it . trans works fine its not in limp because it will stay in 3rd. and ive done plenty of searching already. cracks me up people think because you have it on 4-5-6 means you have to make wot full passes everywhere you go.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I wasn't assuming you were WOT all the time, the way I read it seemed like the trans wasn't shifting. If you read mine I also run mine over 3 but no WOT. I run on 5 around town sometimes but not often. Don't be so quick to be angry, there are plenty of post about how the extra power can still hurt the trans even with normal driving. Hope that helps and clears up those issues.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I vary mine a lot I usually run it on 6 Haven't limped the trans yet. The shifting sucks and on the spead loader mode the truck feels like its going to come apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts