Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what size fittings and type of fittings go into the tranny, the radiator, and tranny cooler? I know they sell the kit but to fix the tranny cooler line leaking problem but I dont think it will work for what I am doing. Are the fittings like npt threads, an threads, or can you use o-ring bose to jic to go into these parts? I want to make my own tranny cooler line kit but with something like hydraulic hose to fix the leaking issue with the tranny cooler lines and also I am not putting in a direct bolt in aftermarket tranny cooler that is bigger cause of the price. I will putting an aftermarket tranny cooler that is bigger but I will have to modify and maybe put one under the truck both with an electric fan. I will be doing this all to an 2007 classic lbz

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I used a earls cooler on mine. and the fittings that came with it bolt right up to the newer trucks.

They are -10an IIRC.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Do you have tranny temperature problems? Its very uncommon for an lbz. And if you do its probably due to the tranny being overfilled.

Give our shop a call and talk to Jess. He knows the sizes off the top of his head. I used to but I've since killed those brain cells. Lol

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the fluid to see if it was overfilled but it aint. The reason I am looking into putting a different tranny cooler is because racing someone or doing a LONG heavy hual with my truck lifted with these rims and tires I have seen my transmission temperature on the guage on the dash get around 220 maybe 230 but more when racing someone. I just want to keep down on this temperature to try and help my tranny out. I will changing the fluids soon on my truck and the tranny fluid will be one of them that is whenn I wanted to do the cooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts