Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I’m wondering why when I plug my sled deck wire harness, into the 4 pin or the 7 pin trailer plug, my truck recognized it as a trailer, guest trailer even pops up on the dash, and shut off the rear park sensors. The turn on the mirror cameras with the turn signals.

Is there a way of stopping that? I don’t mind the cameras with the signal lights, but the rear parking sensors are handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
What happens if you try pick 'accessory' from the choices in the trailering app?

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happens if you try pick 'accessory' from the choices in the trailering app?
I did try that, every time I start the truck, I have to select that, guest trailer, or my travel trailer.
I also thought accessory would of turned the truck back to normal.
I have heard of guys splicing power from the tail light and bypassing the trucks plug in, I kinda do not like that idea tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I did some digging on that harness, and Plutco has worked with Marlon sled decks on a similar harness because those decks come with the Blade light bar in them. Apparently this is a known problem and this is a easy plug and play work around the factory 4 and 7 pin.
I have one coming from Marlon.

·
Registered
2020 Blue Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4x4 Crew Cab Standard Bed Box
7 Posts
Putco makes a harness to be able to plug their under tailgate stop/turn/marker light bar into and it's plug and play with no splicing. Might be a solution for you. Amazon.com: Blade Quick Connect Harness For 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 1500 : Automotive
Going to give this a shot. I have a 60” LED Tailgate Bar that looks like it gives the Trailer App fits. When selecting “Accessory” it goes through some sort of reboot cycle and basically the light bar doesn’t work.

·
Registered
2021 3500HD GMC Denali
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: tfdr1

·
Registered
2020 Blue Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4x4 Crew Cab Standard Bed Box
7 Posts
Going to give this a shot. I have a 60” LED Tailgate Bar that looks like it gives the Trailer App fits. When selecting “Accessory” it goes through some sort of reboot cycle and basically the light bar doesn’t work.
This was the fix. Easy to install. Just be careful of the retaining clips that hold the OEM plugs together. They can break easy if you don’t disengage them correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts