Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals! Show off your stuff! Who has Sled Pulled? Where, what was your times and your set up! Time to put it out there!

Me -

2006 Dodge
154.2 feet
Stock tires, 600hp, Pro Mod class
I did beat Big Bad Dodge, but only because he broke!

Jump in and brag! What ya got?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I've tried pulling but with no good luck at all, everyone tells me the truck is to short and to light:confused: i'll stick with drag racing!

·
Registered
269 Posts
That could be a problem 05, I don't think i've seen many standard cab trucks pulling very far. Perhaps throwing some weights on the front and in the bed might help out? I don't think i'll ever pull my dodge unless i've built it for pulling. I'll stick to drag racing myself.

·
3,162 Posts
I built a weight bracket for the front of my truck to pull with on thurs it helped a great deal, had i not had to run with the modified trucks i would have been 2nd to another dmax but i ended up 5th with 1st 2nd and 4th places going to fully modified pulling trucks??

·
3,162 Posts
Thanx Adam, you had a good one going untill................

·
3,162 Posts
If you would a hit that hill at the end of the track at that speed when it broke i think u would a needed a space suit:rof !!

ANyhow did you get a new hitch yet, And do you know anyone with 4 john deere weights for sale since someone stole mine at the pull:mad: !!

·
Registered
269 Posts
05 you're kidding, someone actually stole your weights?

·
3,162 Posts
Yep they stole them, the real problem is i was just barrowing them. i was 400lbs over weight so i took 4 off and left them next to my buddies truck just like everyone dose and when i came back from the scales they were gone:mad: !

·
Registered
484 Posts
Caleb, I just need to redo my hitch, going to use solid 2" square stock this time and some heavy duty gussets probally 1/2" the eye and channel survived. I am gonna keep my eyes open this week and talk to some farmers and stuff while I'm out and about at work. I need to get some weights myself and will check specifically for some JD weights for you.

Space Suit!! :peelout

·
Registered
269 Posts
I wouldn't expect something like that to happen at a pull. That's dissappointing that someone would do that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ill tell ya what this is a small world and if they ever show up or are recognized by any one , Id personally drop them on their hands and feet .

NOTHING WORSE THAN A THEIF!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes, that is true. Just be careful....if you actually found them or recoginzed them make sure that you find out if that's the actual person that took them. They may have unknowingly bought them from the actual perp....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've tried pulling but with no good luck at all, everyone tells me the truck is to short and to light:confused: i'll stick with drag racing!
Ohhhh no no no no NO!Don't talk like that,think positive.You have a standard that's an advantage.:ar15

·
Registered
13 Posts
:poke
I built a weight bracket for the front of my truck to pull with on thurs it helped a great deal, had i not had to run with the modified trucks i would have been 2nd to another dmax but i ended up 5th with 1st 2nd and 4th places going to fully modified pulling trucks??
Now look, see what I mean about thinking positive:thumbsup!You was one of the top dogs!:GoodJob
Just messin' with ya Caleb!:poke

·
3,162 Posts
I dont ever plan on seeing the weights again, im just trying to find some to buy at a reasonable price to i can replace them for the guy who let me use them!

AS for pulling i wil be trying again if it ever quits raining, next time im gonna hang 800 lb on the front instead of 550 and i got some better tires to use i barrowed off of bigblockbill. So well see what happens. but for now gotta worry about the drag strip on Wed, and the dyno on sat, and maybe a pull on sun:) !

·
3,162 Posts
Ohhhh no no no no NO!Don't talk like that,think positive.You have a standard that's an advantage.:ar15

Whats the Advantage, the only thing i see so far is more wheel speed than the allys?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts