Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here lately I have been adding a bit of coolant. I cannot seem to find a hose leak. What might be causing this slow leak to be happening, and where should I look etc...

·
Registered
412 Posts
look around your water pump see if it is coming out the weep hole

·
Registered
253 Posts
It could be quite a bit of things. Any sign of any coolant on the ground?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no sign of coolant on the ground....but i do sometimes smell coolant when I stop after its been running for a while...makes me think leaky hose, but i cant find a freakin leak...im gonna look at the water pump tomorrow. the truck currently has 152k on it.....

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
repair shop called me back, looks like a hose up on top of the engine somewhere, total cost 150 bucks.....its better than me having to do it, but 150 bucks for some rubber stinks!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on further inspection at the shop with the repair guy it was the hose coming off the main coolant hose pipe thing going somewhere else ...possibly the turbo...

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its figured out, hose replaced, and not leaking anymore. I'm ready to pull my trailer and buddy's jeep out of town tomorrow to film our a TV show. with a little luck, my duramax will be pullin some jeeps all around the country this summer... should help to pay it off pretty quick...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't think I have a coolant leak, but I have a stupid LOW COOLANT light come on every so often? By sensor or a leak?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think I have a coolant leak, but I have a stupid LOW COOLANT light come on every so often? By sensor or a leak?
I got the same problem...im gona take mine in and get checked out im thinking...i always expect the worst!..cracked head, warped head, blown head gasket..lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts