Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windows role up extremely slow what's the deal with that? Anyone have the same issue?? Should I pop the doors off and grease it down?? Or is there something else going on I'n there??

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Mine do the same thing and so do the windows in my buddies truck. I dont know if its a weak motor or what. I have new batteries and a newer alternator also, and have plenty of voltage to them, so I dunno, hopefully someone has an idea.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With my old ford I could role those things up so fast it was scary.. These things feel like they really struggle

·
Registered
955 Posts
Mine are slow, especially the passenger side. My mom and dad's trucks are the same way

2 2004 Dirty Girls and my 2005

·
Registered
88 Posts
The clicking noise comes from the window regulator cable binding up. It will look like a fishing reel that has gotten tangled when you remove the door panel. As far as the slow windows, as long as the charging system is up to snuff, try lubing the window tracks/felts with silicon spray.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I would try cleaning them up, making sure dust and dirt is out of the moving parts and motor, then grease em up. If there is dust building up in the motor, it can cause resistance which would slow operation. The motors should last a long time, but it's possible you could be having a motor starting to burn out, though that's the last thing I would be looking for.

My back right window is actually stuck but you can hear it clicking and trying to move from both switches. What gives?
If the switch is clicking, but the motor isn't moving then you could have a disconnected/broken wire. If the motor is trying to turn but window isn't moving, then you either have something binding not allowing it to move, or less likely your motor could be burnt out. Check voltage to the motor. If you don't have a voltmeter or not sure, you can disconnect the mechanics from the motor and see if it moves as it should when you hit the switch.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Oreilly has the motors for 41.99 a piece for fronts, I might just relace my motors and clean up the tracks and regulator and see if that helps. This will be a bored winter project, I have too much other stuff to get done before then.

·
Registered
859 Posts
pull the door panals off and look at the window guides. Mine are rusted pretty good due to the salt. I bet its not the moter but the guides.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My back right window is actually stuck but you can hear it clicking and trying to move from both switches. What gives?
That happen to my rear driver side. Somehow it got all messed up. It's takes about 2 min to pull the door panel off and ull know if that's ur problem or not.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Mine do the same thing, figured why not to replace the motors....no improvement.

Think mine is due to the tint starting to get old and the felt strips..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine were real slow too, I pulled the door panels off and used some PB Blaster Garage door and cable lube. Now my windows are pretty fast. PB blaster makes a variety of lubes. Get some at Lowes.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
my pass side is slow as shit, driver side is kinda slow but my back ones scream. and i never hardly roll them down. and it pretty clean under my door panels.

·
Registered
162 Posts
^^^^x2. Same thing here! Any solutions?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts