Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
I am satisfied you have an FPRV popping. The fuel pressure regulating valve. Except for one thing. it normally resets itself, as it is purely mechanical. However, if you had a code 1093, you would be in limp mode until it was cleared. Reprogramming would normally accomplish this, as most box protocols clear codes automatically.

if you're standing in front of the truck looking at the engine, its to the right of the turbo, The fuel rail is easy to see, its like a big long round cylinder, runs front to back about 1.5' round. The FPRV is on the END of the driver side fuel rail, closest to the rear of the truck.

Look HERE for some pics.

When you locate the valve, it is a bugger to break it loose. Use a very high quality 18 mm (IIRC, or it might be 19 mm, was an uncommon size) offset wrench or a 6 point socket (don't use a 12 point). You don't want to round off this sucker, or you will have to pull off the fuel rail. Be patient, get the right tool, with some extra leverage, maybe a pipe, or another breakover tool. BE PATIENT. Don't torque on it, until you are sure you can, without it slipping off the end. A helper might be useful.

Once you get it off, it is time for a trip to ACE.

· Registered
1 Posts
I experienced the same probelm yesterday. The codes I threw were p0087 and p0401 does anyone know what those are? I was figuring it was the fact its so cold in AK -20 to -40 for the last week. Sounds like it maybe a tranny issue...I'll keep you posted on what I find.

· Diesel Addict
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
thanks very much for all the info you guys are the best

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.