Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck (cash) with 277k miles on it. I basically just want it to last a few years so i can build my house without having a truck payment while trying to get a construction loan. I dont run the truck that hard. The truck runs really good for its mileage. Would it be foolish to put a small (maybe 50 hp) tune on the truck?

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
with good maintenance that truck could give you a long time. 277k miles would be considered high mileage on a gasser, but not so much on a diesel, although maintenance is golden on either. imo, i would have no second thought to adding a tune now, just keep the additional hp below 100hp and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, Im 99% sure the truck has an oem clutch in it, no slipping yet tho. What is the most these will take with careful driving?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Stock power levels can destroy an OEM clutch. I would get a good single disc and a 60 horse EFI live tow tune and put some miles on it. That thing should last another 277K with good maintenance and good driving habits, IMO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got 223,000 on mine and running Robs 150 hp tune with transgo jr
Runs great !
Bought it with 216,000 on it

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would tune it with IdahoRob. I think his tunes are cleaner and better for the truck than factory.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have a bullydog on my 03. when i travel a long distance i leave it on tow (second power level) and i get great gas milage! they are really wroth the cash!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
why don't you just sell it to me!!!! i was a zf6 so bad i cant hardly stand it!!!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
leave it stock build your house and get the loan then down the road you can modify the truck thats just me. I went from stock to diablosport to efi back to stock. wish I would have stayed stock in the first place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts