Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my trucked smogged...damn california, but the problems is that I have sleeved it and the check engine light comes on....I talked to my smog guy and he's ok with it not having a cat but it wont pass with the check engine light on, so will a finger stick clear the code or just turn off the light?
If so where can I get a finger stick?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Kennedy Diesel sells them...

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I need to get my trucked smogged...damn california, but the problems is that I have sleeved it and the check engine light comes on....I talked to my smog guy and he's ok with it not having a cat but it wont pass with the check engine light on, so will a finger stick clear the code or just turn off the light?
If so where can I get a finger stick?

Thanks
I have an extra complete CAT that you could use (No Charge) to pass your test. I see that your near Fresno, it might be too much of a drive to come to Riverside, but that is an option....If you still have the stock flanges it would be a quick bolt on...get your test, remove then cruise back to Clovis...Hopefully there would be time for a few :drink:drink

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1953 - Thanks for the option, I ordered a finderstick to see if that solves my check engine problem...should be coming in on monday. So will see what happens, if doesnt work I may be hitting you up. Again thanks again.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Hopefully the fingerstick will work. Make sure you hide the connections and tape up the loom. I'm sure you'll won't have a problem, but better to be safe than sorry....Good Luck I was lucky when I bought my truck used here in SoCal....It's a FE9 (Federal) emission standard. Doesn't throw any codes with no kitty, but still I'll have to re-install before my visual check in July...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts