Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 2500 with 29,000 miles on it now and today when I pulled up to a red light I noticed smoke coming from under the hood which I immediately pulled over and popped the hood and noticed smoke coming up from the left side of the motor. I thought I smelled the "OLD" diesel exhaust smell and drove directly to the Chevy dealer to have this looked at only to find it was not smoking any more. I got the diesel tech out there and we looked it over and he thought it may be the A/C condensate line draining onto the exhaust. I never turned the truck off and could only keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. Well I drove straight home (about 5 miles) and I noticed a small amount of smoke again coming from left side again but it just smelled like hot smoke and not diesel exhaust so I got my phone to record this but before I could start recording, the smoke stopped. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? It has never happened before so why now? 29,000 miles later it starts. I am concerned that this may be something more as the tech told me that if it were the diesel exhaust fluid then that stuff will eat the finish off of pretty much anything. Somebody help please.

·
Registered
17,167 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow this is awsome. Thanks fellows. I will be dropping truck off tomorrow morning at the dealer with a print out of this bulletin. I am glad i posted this as it appeared to be a minor issue but would have never known about this if i hadn't posted. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I have a 2015 2500 with 29,000 miles on it now and today when I pulled up to a red light I noticed smoke coming from under the hood which I immediately pulled over and popped the hood and noticed smoke coming up from the left side of the motor. I thought I smelled the "OLD" diesel exhaust smell and drove directly to the Chevy dealer to have this looked at only to find it was not smoking any more. I got the diesel tech out there and we looked it over and he thought it may be the A/C condensate line draining onto the exhaust. I never turned the truck off and could only keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. Well I drove straight home (about 5 miles) and I noticed a small amount of smoke again coming from left side again but it just smelled like hot smoke and not diesel exhaust so I got my phone to record this but before I could start recording, the smoke stopped. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? It has never happened before so why now? 29,000 miles later it starts. I am concerned that this may be something more as the tech told me that if it were the diesel exhaust fluid then that stuff will eat the finish off of pretty much anything. Somebody help please.
lighthouse6,

Sorry to hear that your truck's hood had smoke coming from it. I definitely realize any frustration that this would cause, but it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us updated on the outcome of your service visit! If additional assistance is needed, please know that I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if necessary. We'll look forward to your updates.

Sincerely,

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
William, I am glad you are monitoring these forums as I believe this is how most all of the issues anybody has with anything what so ever gets discussed and resolved. I may indeed need your assistance soon but we will see. Yes I did take my truck to the dealer today and I also printed all of the information from above responses and took it with me. The Service tech told me it was pretty much garbage as he can't go by outside information. I said o.k. at least I am getting this documented in the system and if you just take the time to read some of this you will see what is wrong even if it is not smoking right now. Well just as I suspected they couldn't find anything wrong with the truck. Instead of arguing and going back over our entire discussion from the morning drop off I just said thanks and told him I would contact you. I know it is not happening all of the time for them to see it but it is a problem I want fixed. The dealer is Starling Chevrolet in St.Cloud, Florida. Let me know if you want me to send you a private message. Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.