Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck is blowing smoke when my truck is idling. Don't really notice it while I am driving. My truck is stock right down to the injectors w/ 230,000 mile on it. It starts fine, runs like a new truck and is still getting 18 to 20 miles unloaded. I just changed the oil and fuel filter.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
couple of quick qestions,whats the year make and model of your truck and what color smoke is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry about that my sign. wasn't working before. 2002, the smoke is a light gray almost white

·
Registered
47 Posts
Take a drive on the freeway at say 60 mph for several miles and then take your foot off the gas as you exit on an offramp. If it blows smoke as you go down the offramp you might have worn turbo bearings.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My '04 was doing the same thing and I had to replace all 8 injectors. Also, the 18-20 MPG you are getting..........Is this your DIC display or are you actually checking it at the pump? Mine was getting about 12MPG with the injector problem but my DIC showed about 20MPG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts