Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Owner at Torq Industries
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 lb7 and it doesn't smoke at all. I though the lb7 was the most non emission truck? I am running an Edge Juice/Attitude, 5" silverline exhaust (Straight Pipe No cat or muffler), True Flow XDI intake, and still I am not getting the smoke I think I should be.

and correct me if I am wrong but smoke is just lost power right?
Thanks for any Input.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
your fine just leave at that

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't know why it doesn't smoke much, but I just wanna warn ya that alot of folks on here don't like smoke. And they will probably tell ya about it.

·
Owner at Torq Industries
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the warning! It just started to make me think something could be wrong. If i had bad injectors or something. Thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mine doesn't smoke much either...hardly at all. As said above, smoke is just extra unburnt fuel so it's not necessarily a bad thing.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Bigger intake lets in more air. Bigger exhaust allows for the turbo to take in more air. More air = less smoke. You are fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not much smoke here either. Unless I'm roasting the tires!!!!!

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
if its making more power than stock then there is nothing wrong with no smoke.
my truck hardly smokes either, well compared to a cummins..

·
Registered
889 Posts
Everybody on here assumes that because a truck smokes it's just "wasting fuel" and is a "waste of power". Which is stupid since the cummins smoke likes trains and get better gas mileage than we do. When you have race tunes with a stock turbo these trucks will smoke. If your runnin a 90hp or smaller tune I can see there bein no smoke but when you get into the hotter tunes there should be some. And sometimes when there's no smoke it means somethins wrong. For example your fuel filter maybe be clogged.

·
Owner at Torq Industries
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should be getting smoke then especially in stage 4 and 5 on my edge juice/attitude. I put a new fuel filter in on tue of this week. I hardly ever run stage 5 because I am still running my stock Tranny but stage 4 is rated at 90hp. I have great power and run clean but I have absolutely no smoke. I'm not worried about making smoke just was worried that I could have something else wrong that I am not aware of.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My quad on 90 smokes but 135 on the otherhand..

·
Registered
80 Posts
not to scare anybody, but i had a safe fun tune on my truck, and at high rpm i was blowin enough smoke to call it a smoke screen. i noticed that i progressively was blowin less and less at high rpm, and turns out my passenger side head gasket was leaking. hope you dont have that problem!

·
I'm?? Ron Burgundy??
812 Posts
i used to run the edge juice w/ attitude. i had tons of smoke on levels 4 and 5. i think you can set the amount of smoke in the settings on your attitude. i seem to remember its under low boost fueling or something like that.

·
I'm?? Ron Burgundy??
812 Posts
i just checked my old manual. you can adjust the low boost fueling from 1 to 5. 5 making the most smoke. i always ran level 4 and 5 on high for most smoke and quicker boost spool up

·
Owner at Torq Industries
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope I don't have that problem. I will look into head gaskets. would a leak throw a code?

·
Owner at Torq Industries
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i used to run the edge juice w/ attitude. i had tons of smoke on levels 4 and 5. i think you can set the amount of smoke in the settings on your attitude. i seem to remember its under low boost fueling or something like that.
I have both my 4th and 5th stage set on the highest level. :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts