Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the morning on a cold start when my truck first starts it throws some white smoke out the exhaust tip... that’s normal since it’s a cold start however i get some of that same smoke coming thru the vents on start up and sometimes smell diesel just idling at a light... is this an exhaust leak?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I lived with the exhaust smell for almost a year, but finally decided to buy a v-band clamp to fix it. Crawled under the truck and discovered the collar that went into the v-band had completely fallen apart. Supposedly v-band failure is a common cause for exhaust smell in the cab, so would be a good place to start

·
Registered
243 Posts
i get a faint smell every now and then, stock exhaust. mines a 2014. i really think sometimes it how the wind is blowing and the a/c is on outside air.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Since my stroke i can't remember for sure but i think it was our 2016 Silverado 2500 we had a recall notice one time about if we could smell exhaust in the cab and if so to bring it to the dealer. We didn't and still haven't to this day. No smell so didn't take it in. We only have about 34,000 miles on it now.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,290 Posts
There was a TSB on it.....IIRC, had to do with a leaking down pipe clamp, allowing the air intake in the cowl to suck in raw diesel smells.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts