Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Wow, nice way to introduce yourself, no wonder your other thread is closed already.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
So I just hooked up my smoke switch as the diagram describes from diesel place and it throws a map and maf code immediately after flipping the switch on....I used a 1n4001 diode and a 1/2 watt 33 ohm resistor because that's the only thing they have close to a 1n1001 and 1/4 watt 33 ohm at all the near by radioshacks...from my understanding the diode is supposed to stop signals from travelling back up the wire, so I didn't see why the voltage input of the diode would matter as the 1n4001 is a 50v input and the 1n1001 is a 3.3v? Anyone know whats up?:help Thanks for any helpful info!!

TO ALL THE SMOKE SWITCH HATERS: You didn't buy my truck, will never see my truck, have nothing to do with my truck, and will never see me...SO don't bother commenting about how F%$^ING stupid a smoke switch is, and the whole deal is a waste of time, and get a dsp5 switch if you want smoke, yada yada yada bull stuff....I got ya:rockin NO S#*T!!! To each there own, some people don't make 100k a year or have mommy and dady to hand them breakfast in bed, and a hundred dollar bill every morning...YEE HAW you have an $800 programmer...good for you...around here money don't fall from mommy's hand :mad1
so then i'm assuming that you have enough money to pay for 2 tanks of fuel each week?

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Bitter much?

When you start working 100+ hour weeks regularly in the summer and working full time during school, to pay for everything, including college, then maybe you can start whining to me about how your life is oh-so-unfair. Heck, I can't even remember the last dime my parents gave me.

Until then, have fun washing down your cylinder walls.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
So I just hooked up my smoke switch as the diagram describes from diesel place and it throws a map and maf code immediately after flipping the switch on....I used a 1n4001 diode and a 1/2 watt 33 ohm resistor because that's the only thing they have close to a 1n1001 and 1/4 watt 33 ohm at all the near by radioshacks...from my understanding the diode is supposed to stop signals from travelling back up the wire, so I didn't see why the voltage input of the diode would matter as the 1n4001 is a 50v input and the 1n1001 is a 3.3v? Anyone know whats up?:help Thanks for any helpful info!!

TO ALL THE SMOKE SWITCH HATERS: You didn't buy my truck, will never see my truck, have nothing to do with my truck, and will never see me...SO don't bother commenting about how F%$^ING stupid a smoke switch is, and the whole deal is a waste of time, and get a dsp5 switch if you want smoke, yada yada yada bull stuff....I got ya:rockin NO S#*T!!! To each there own, some people don't make 100k a year or have mommy and dady to hand them breakfast in bed, and a hundred dollar bill every morning...YEE HAW you have an $800 programmer...good for you...around here money don't fall from mommy's hand :mad1
You forgot to shove an Ether soaked rag in your intake
:rolleyes: Jeeze everyone knows that's how you get the smoke switch to work

hope this helps and happy coal rolling

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bitter much?

When you start working 100+ hour weeks regularly in the summer and working full time during school, to pay for everything, including college, then maybe you can start whining to me about how your life is oh-so-unfair. Heck, I can't even remember the last dime my parents gave me.

Until then, have fun washing down your cylinder walls.
Paying for college? Check. House payment? Check. Insurance for 4 vehicles and my house? Check. All the other bull crap? Check. Listening to people harrase new members for asking a question? PRICELESS!!! :drink

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the help!!! Good way to start the day!!!

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Paying for college? Check. House payment? Check. Insurance for 4 vehicles and my house? Check. All the other bull crap? Check. Listening to people harrase new members for asking a question? PRICELESS!!! :drink
:rofl tough guy! Man it must be tough, no one else has ever, ever lived as rough of life as you! What's really priceless is having the new guy harass members!

As for your problem, get the right resistor, that's a magnitude of 2 you're screwing with.

FYI, a less hostile post will usually net you better results! :rockin :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You forgot to shove an Ether soaked rag in your intake
:rolleyes: Jeeze everyone knows that's how you get the smoke switch to work

hope this helps and happy coal rolling
Bravo!!!! Thats right!!! How could I forget that!! homo:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:rofl tough guy! Man it must be tough, no one else has ever, ever lived as rough of life as you! What's really priceless is having the new guy harass members!

As for your problem, get the right resistor, that's a magnitude of 2 you're screwing with.

FYI, a less hostile post will usually net you better results! :rockin :rolleyes:
Thanks as I originally stated, any helpful info is appreciated!

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Thanks as I originally stated, any helpful info is appreciated!
Yeup, also, double and triple check all your diodes are facing the correct way, those little buggers can fool ya.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW!! Page two already. Didn't even think I would get a response.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeup, also, double and triple check all your diodes are facing the correct way, those little buggers can fool ya.
Ok, thanks I'll have to replace it all. I made it into a small wiring harness that's tight and all wrapped up so its not noticable by popping the hood.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
I only have one page......shit were posts deleted already?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I only have one page......shit were posts deleted already?
Idk? Hey what's an llz? Never heard of that engine? Typo? Or did you combine parts from different engines?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Here is a step by step video on youtube on DIY Smoke switch

SmokeswitchDIY

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
1 - 20 of 137 Posts