Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed smoke/vapor coming from under the hood at the passenger side a year ago, took it to the dealership - they had it three days doing other warranty work but they couldn't reproduce.
This morning (40ish degrees) after driving 40 miles - not only was there the smoke/vapor outside, but also inside.

2015 Chevy Duramax 105K miles.

Is this how the misaligned downpipe presents? Or is this something else?
Sent videos to dealership - as I'm sure when I take it in and leave it. They won't be able to reproduce the problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I brought mine in to the dealer for the same issue (2015 with 62k). Although I didn't have smoke in the cab I did have a heavy exhaust smell and smoke from under the hood. I brought them a copy of the "15457 special coverage" that covers this issue. As expected, they were unable to reproduce the problem. I told them they would most likely need to do a manual regen in order to reproduce the problem but was told they were not allowed to do that. After a little back and forth I realized I wasn't going to get anywhere so I'm going to end up getting the updated exhaust clamps and doing it myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.