Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i was letting my fiance learn how to (pratice how to) back up a trailer she would throttle and then let off. then throttle, back up a little and then let off. each time she did it, i could see a small amount of smoke kick out the exhaust. it wont smoke idling and it would stop after a small "sputter" of smoke. has anyone seen this before????? is it possibly a sign that something is cuasing excess diesel to burn??? seems like i have a very high fuel consumption at idle. say im around 1/2 tank, 200 mi. ish, and if i let it sit there i will watch the fuel mileage drop a tenth about every 30-45 sec. is that normal?? seems like i get ok mileage at speed but lower speeds really eat fuel. any ideas??????????????????

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
All sounds normal bud. Any time you idle your mileage on your dic will do that. The smoke is cause the turbo isnt spooled and a little extra fuel is injected to get it going. Kinda like chokeing a car to get it warmed up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts