Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my truck has the typical "haze" on occasion, not all the time, very intermitent. so i did the injector cleaner trick but i got in a hurry and didn't run a balance rate test before running the cleaner. afterward i have good rates but i know there is more to it than balance rates so i was looking for some opinions. and i guess i'm not even %100 sure i did the test correctly, i'm pretty green when it comes to EFI. guess i'm leaning toward a cracked nozzle or something.....thoughts? to the video....ACTION!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, anyone?

·
Registered
117 Posts
those balance rates are within spec. they look good to me. Any diesel in the crankcase? Check the oil and make sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
rates look good to me, if ur not getting fuel in the oil, drive it. but keep an eye on the oil.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did a paper towel test a while back....inconclusive. drained oil last month...seemed like it came out thin but maybe it was in my head. i'm gonna do a used oil analysis next week just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah u know how to work the camera :neener
thanks, riley! john (jmaz268) refers to me as a "young steven speilberg" lol. i'm available to film your next child birth or just the conception if you prefer lol

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
If the white smoke is intermittent then I would say your injectors are getting close to going out.

It will most likely get worse over the next 10K-20K, but I would not worry about it until it gets to the point where it "loads up" after idling for a while, and when you take off it creates a big cloud.

Your truck is just giving you early warning, so you can start saving your pennies, and get some gray hair worrying about it. :help

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
lol wayne...rates look good man...did you read them before?

We can pull em if you want and make sure a cup isnt barely leaking or something stupid.

Try the simple stuff first, clean you MAF.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the white smoke is intermittent then I would say your injectors are getting close to going out.

It will most likely get worse over the next 10K-20K, but I would not worry about it until it gets to the point where it "loads up" after idling for a while, and when you take off it creates a big cloud.

Your truck is just giving you early warning, so you can start saving your pennies, and get some gray hair worrying about it. :help
yeah, i was gonna buy a turbo for big golden delicious but guess i'll spend that money on injectors....no fun

lol wayne...rates look good man...did you read them before?

We can pull em if you want and make sure a cup isnt barely leaking or something stupid.

Try the simple stuff first, clean you MAF.
didn't read them first...it was getting dark so i got in a hurry and forgot. i will try the maf, pulling injectors will have to wait til after harvest now but i might take you up on that offer

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update: well i got my used oil analysis back a couple days ago. the report itself is kinda difficult to make sense of 'cuz it's mostly just a bunch of numbers that without some sort of legend don't mean too much to a layman like me but it appears there was 7% fuel and .2% soot in my oil. the diagnosis states: "all wear rates normal. soot content excessive. soot causes abrasive wear and thickens oil. viscosity within specified operating range." the action to be taken states: "check source of soot/solids (poor combustion/operation/restricted air intake/over-fueling/extended oil drain interval). change oil and filter if not already done." i kinda forgot john's suggestion of cleaning the maf so i will try that and go from there but according to this analysis it appears that it is starting to dump fuel in the oil. thoughts/comments?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yeah more than likely you either have a cracked one, a return line isn't sealed all the way, or an oring is toast.

I don't remember now, but are they the originals?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i believe so, vin check didn't show a replacement and the milage is right for originals

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
i believe so, vin check didn't show a replacement and the milage is right for originals
Unfortunately we can't narrow it done off of balance rates..So gonna have to swap em all....I should have a sleeve puller so we can redo them too....

Good time for nozzles√

sent from the interwebz on my Charge

·
Registered
57 Posts
What's the cleaning the injectors trick?? A filter full of seafoam?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check out the DIY sections "injector cleaning" worked great for me should get hopefully another 20k (fingers crossed) :gearjamin

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
minor details wayne get after injectors are easy
i will get after it once we are done putting on anhydrous ammonia. should be back to normal at work in about three weeks or so

1 - 20 of 20 Posts