Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
The threaded portion still stuck in the head? If so I say go for it. Just make sure you tape over the end of the wire so it doesn't contact anything and short out. You'll get a code for the glow plug obviously but its not the end of the world.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I just had 3 of these damn things do this while doing head gaskets, ruined my head and had to get a new replacement head. You will be fine leaving it in there. Like mentioned put some good tape job over the wire. You can have the glow plug "turned off" with EFILive tunes if you want to eliminate the code/CEL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, will tip that's left on the glow plug fall down in the engine as the top skinny rod came out? I was thinking were the easy out snapped off inside, I was thinking of some quick steel over the tip of what's left? Thanks for all your advice and help!!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
you shouldn't have effected any of the lower portion of the plug. The center rod goes way in there. How many inches of the inner rod came out?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hmm, that is a lot, it looks like it pulled the entire core out from this picture. in which case the only thing holding the pressure is the easy out, which may or may not be good.

I would probably just run it and see what happens. if it blows out you will hear it if it stays you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts
Just curious....
Did you use a penetrating fluid on it to soak beforehand, AND try to remove when engine hot/warm?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.