Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Snow MPG/Max on my truck. When I bought it, it was installed already. I haven't used it much, and haven't adjusted the settings. The other day I was on about a 45 mile trip and wanted to see what the difference was. I was running about 60 to 65 mph, and EGT's were down and I was happy, but...I pulled to a stop sign and the truck started running rough and smoking white????:eek:

I shut off the Snow, and started driving again. Everything was good, no rough running, and now more smoke. The controller shows % of injection, and it starts at 5 psi. I'm not real sure at what psi it shows 100%. I don't know what nozzle's are in, but I know that there are 2 of them.

Is the mix to high? I have not added anything to what was in the tank when I bought it, Jan. 7th. I read some post's on here that if the mix is too high, timing will be advanced?

I liked the lower EGT's, but not the other stuff. Any help is great:D

·
Vanned this place
8,125 Posts
running rough at idle sounds like the thing is still spraying, but you said it comes on at 5.

check how far apart the solenoid is from the nozzle, could be dribbling down the line after the solenoid shuts off

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
also do you have any idea what nozzles you have in there? sounds like mine did when i had the solenoids backwards.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I don't know what size the nozzles are. The snow was on the truck when I bought it in Jan. To update I put straight washer fluid in it and it seems to be running fine now. No more rough running or smoke?? I don't know if the person before had "spiked" it a little too much?? Thanks for the info, still trying to learn what I can about the system. I like what it does and seems like a good idea, just need to get it set for what I want to do I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.