Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you put a snow plow on a 2007.5 2500 HD Duramax LTZ ??
After looking at the Chevy brochure, it shows as follows:

Snow Plow Prep Package*
Available on Work Truck(WT), 1LT,and 2LT 4x4 Models
*Requires Vortec 6.0L V8 Engine.

I'm not sure you can,
It looks like it's not available with the diesel, and only available with the Vortec 6.0L V8.

Can anyone verify this or do you know anything about it? :help

Thanks,

Randall

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone ???? someone must know something ?? :confused:

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I think the only thing that the snow plow prep package comes with is stronger torsion bars and cab lights :rolleyes:

I went on the gm site and clicke build and price truck and found.....
Suspension Package, , Handling/Trailering, heavy-duty, includes 46 mm piston monotube shocks and 34mm front stabilizer bar (Z85)

So possibly the newer trucks come stock setup for a snow plow. You might have to take it to a shop after installing the plow and get the torsion bars adjusted but the alignment specs should be in the plow directions or manual.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the only thing that the snow plow prep package comes with is stronger torsion bars and cab lights :rolleyes:

I went on the gm site and clicke build and price truck and found.....
Suspension Package, , Handling/Trailering, heavy-duty, includes 46 mm piston monotube shocks and 34mm front stabilizer bar (Z85)

So possibly the newer trucks come stock setup for a snow plow. You might have to take it to a shop after installing the plow and get the torsion bars adjusted but the alignment specs should be in the plow directions or manual.
Thanks for the info, I'll check that out,

Randall

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my 07.5 with the snow plow prep, extra 3k got 2 batteries 2 alternators etc. When I went to pick it up the dealer told me no plow, it would void the warrenty because the diesel motor weighs to much, and with the weight of the plow it would wear the front out to quick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I run a 8' boss ploy v on my 07.5. i've had no problems, the boss is so easy to hook up i take it on and off so i'm not carring around the weight when its not nessasary. i mounted the plow myself, everything was plug in connections! think i had to run only 2 wires to the fuse box for power. the hardest part was taking out the headlights to plug in the plow lights. i love it and the lmm just plays with a big ole pile of wet snow!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts